First Review by merlebc

Too Much Hype! - Edit

I do recall going to Sprinkles two weeks ago. There was a lot of hype about it amonst students, so I tried it out. It's down and across I-75 from where I live, and I'm familiar with the area. I recommend going to the shop during the week in the middle of the day, when most people are at work - it's hardly crowded! The shop is well kept and it's in a nice area of town - easy to walk to with friends. The reason this review has 2 stars is because the cupcakes are dry. They smell good, they have excellent presentation, but they are dry like they've been sitting for hours. Maybe I didn't get a fresh selection, but I think this place was given too much hype because the dessert was not enjoyable.

If you're in the Dallas area and have a craving for cakes, I recommend Cake Bar in Trinity Groves. Their cakes are more moist.

Pros: Well-kept Shop, Nice Location, Professional Cupcake Presentation

Cons: Dry Cupcakes

be careful ! - Edit

The first time I went to sprinkles, I knew they had a vegan cupcake! So, of course I had to go! I read on the website that if it had a V then it was vegan! I got there and I asked for a vegan red velvet! The cashier pulled out a red velvet that had a circular design instead of the v. I asked are those are vegan? She smiled and said yes! Little did I know it was not. Unfortunately, I ate the whole cupcake believing it was vegan! I thought I'd never go back but my friend convinced me and I returned! I asked for a vegan cupcake and I got one. It had a v on it and tasted totally different from the first non vegan cupcake! The vegan cupcake is delicious and moist but always make sure there is a V!

Cupcakes might be good, but service is lousy! - Edit

I wanted to try the vegan cupcake at Sprinkles so stopped by on a Sunday afternoon and the place was packed. Line was almost out the door. People were packed inside the place like sardines waiting for service. Waited in line for a while and the line never seemed to move, so I finally got tired of being whacked by the door in the confined space and decided to go around to the 24 hour cupcake ATM and try there. People were trying to use the machine, but it was inoperable. It wasn't even stocked. I guess their definition of 24 hour and mine differs greatly. I decided to come back in a couple of hours and try again. Same situation only the line was now stretching out the door and down the block. The cupcake dispensing ATM was still inoperable. Decided no cupcake could possibly be worth the hassle involved in obtaining one from Sprinkles and went home.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 11, 2013
Just an update we did finally manage to get vegan cupcakes from this store. The cupcakes were good, but not near as good as most other vegan cupcakes I've had. The dogs did love their non-vegan pupcakes.

Cons: Understaffed, False advertising regarding Cupcake ATM, Lines too long

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sprinkles Cupcakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.