CLOSED: Sparky Town

Contact 315-422-8401

324 Burnet Ave (at Catherine St), Syracuse, New York, USA, 13203

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan friendly, community-oriented eatery that supports local artists by hanging their work on the walls and has a calendar of events. Offers rice milk and soy milk. Vegan items are marked, including a grilled tempeh sandwich called "The Jocko" and an anti-oxidant salad. Reported closed to HappyCow, Feb 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by lizbelden

Great food and a funky vibe - Edit

There are lots of vegan options at Sparky Town and plenty of welcoming, funky vibe to make for a very enjoyable dining experience.

The restaurant space is rather small, but nicely furnished with works by local artists and they often have live music from local musicians. There is only street parking, but I've never had a problem finding a spot.

I love their hummus and homemade pita -- that's my go to appetizer. Dinner for me is usually the Tofu Scramble -- a nice helping of tofu with zucchini and carrots over greens.

PS: I feel bad that I can only rate this restaurant 4 cows as it is non-vegan. It is certainly deserving of 5 cows!

Pros: funky/friendly vibe, great vegan options, live music and local art

Cons: parking is limited.

I want to be on Sparky Town's city council! - Edit

Sparky Town is not a vegetarian restaurant, but has some vegetarian and vegan options on the menu. We had the veggie burger with a side of homefries, a "jock" sandwich and some potato salad. All vegan except for the potato salad. The "jock" is a tempeh sandwich on your choice of toasted bread, avocado spread, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, red peppers, and sun dried tomato spread. Veggie burger was OK. Homefries were very good. Potato salad was great but not vegan. Service was good. The ambience is good. It's a relaxed atmosphere with a warm feeling. It's a neighborhood hangout. They do not have french fries or onion rings. They offer breakfast all day, including a vegan option. They don't serve pancakes and they did not have any vegan desserts when we went, which needs to be corrected!

Yum! - Edit

We just ate dinner at Sparky Town, and were impressed. The food was delicious and plentiful, the space was funky and the waitress was friendly. All in all ++++. We'll be back!

Pros: delicious food, friendly service, great space

Return to Syracuse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sparky Town closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1793 times since Jun 2010.