Southern Fried Rice

081-8948446

100/14-15 Kata Rd, Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand, 83100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and budget guesthouse in Kata, on a walking path near Ship Inn and the Night Bazaar area. Makes vegetable and tofu dishes to order upon request. Hosts the Phuket Chess Club where international chess, blitz and long games are played. Confirmed open by owner, Jun 2017.

Categories: Thai, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by khaddar

good vegan option in Phuket - Edit

Thai food, lots of dishes can be cooked vegan style. Good quality, generous servings. the boss is quite nice and will take the time to chat if you will. The prices are very reasonable considering what we observed in Phuket.

Pros: Thai food, lots of dishes can be cooked vegan styl

Cons: can be a little hard to find. very close to the Ka

The Best Veggie option on Kata Beach - Edit

I found this place using Happy Cow and was not disappointed. My husband and I ate here in May 2013. Not only was it very reasonably priced compared to the rest of the restaurants, but the food was delicious. They can also make dishes to order, for example, I would add tofu to a certain dish for extra protein.
The owner, Terry, was very friendly and welcoming. He even booked us ferry tickets when we mentioned we were leaving the next morning!
We ate here twice for supper and once for breakfast (they have amazing coffee by the way!) I would definitely have stayed here as the accommodation is central and quite reasonably priced, however he was fully booked when we were there.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 10, 2013

Pros: Tasty food, Good Value, Friendly staff

Cons: Quiet atmosphere (could be a pro)

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Southern Fried Rice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2037 times.