Sol

Contact +49-75319364990

Ebertplatz 4, Konstanz, Germany, 78467

Sol Caffebar and Vegifood is a little place that opened near the city center in Jan 2015. Everything is vegan except cow milk option for coffee. Serves breakfast, smoothies, panini, salad, burger & chips, plus a daily changing menu. For dessert there are cakes, cookies, muffins, and praline. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Take-out, European

First Review by JohnLemon

Sol in Konstanz - Edit

SOL is as close to vegan as it gets in Konstanz (it has cow's milk). The place has a modern and functional design, thankfully warmed by the friendliness of the staff. My personal burger-highlight is the quinnoa burger with fried potatoes or fried sweet potatoes. The pasta, esp. zuchini pasta is nice, however the portions are definitely too small for the price. The daily menu is "great because it is vegan in the small town of Konstanz" but for the price it costs, it might be a bit standard and a bit too small a portion. I have edited this review because I have noticed an increase in creativity and tastes in the last months. I'd give 3,5 stars if possible.

Pros: Burgers, Coffee 'n vegan pie, Staff

Cons: Small portions, A bit expensive

Shows the others how it's done - Edit

Very professional, very good food, I would like bigger portions, though... I think I could easily eat 50 euros there. Not in a day, but in one visit.

Great staff, great food, everything is vegan except for some stupid bio-cow-milk they have for coffee (what for?!), sure it's expensive, but hey, it's Bodensee, what do you expect. (You have to pay extra for everything - dips, etc... and if I recall correctly, even 30 cents extra for plant milk in coffee instead of cowmilk?!)

Pros: good food, big menu, professional staff

Cons: portions smaller than expected, very expensive

Yummi - Fast food! - Edit

As a vegan fast food lover I was very happy with the zucchini pasta and the soup. The food was freshly made and done in within 5 minutes. The prices are fair.
I also had a Falafel burger as a take away and was quite satisfied about the taste.
However, not the most healthy food tho ;)
Also, too bad the offer cows milk as optional for the coffee - the rest is vegan.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Not too healthy

A vegan alternative to fast food chains - Edit

They have a fairly small menu, however, you are allowed to combine the burgers to your own taste. For instance, I ordered the quinoa burger with another sauce (bbq) than the recommended one. Unfortunately, the veggie patty lacked flavour, so I would try another patty next time. I also had a chickpea salad which was ok, but the chickpeas were not thoroughly cooked.
Overall, the place is great if you want to have a relatively healthy and vegan snack but I would not recommend for you if you seek a fine dining experience.

Pros: inventive burger menu, reasonable prices, place for trendy people and students

Cons: could have been tastier, only for snacking

Finally a vegan-only store - but is it good? - Edit

When hearing about "Sol" and that it serves vegan only, I was really excited as I am often in Konstanz. I immediately headed there.
The place used to sell clothes and looks quite nice from the outside, but the name "Sol" is now placed all over the windows and doesn't look that inviting anymore.

The inside isn't warm and resembles a fast food restaurant. The food is vegan yes, but really oily and fatty.

You have to order and wait for your food at the counter and bring it to your place yourself.

It may be nice for a quick stop-by and take-away if you don't have any food with you as a vegan, but I would't recommend the place if you are really hungry.

Pros: everything is vegan

Cons: ambiance, fatty food

Nice Selection of burgers - Edit

They have 3 vegan Burgers on their menu, all at a price of 4,90€ which is considering their small size a bit on the expensive side, because i have to eat at least 2-3 to be fed :=)

The "Sojaschnitzel Burger" is a very nice burger with a piece of well flavoured and grilled piece of textured soy on it. Great BBQ Sauce.

Then there is the Quinoa Burger, a home made patty made of Quinoa Seeds... not so bad

and finally the falafel burger. A falafel burger patty which is also home made served with a nice sesame sauce.

My personal favourite is the Sojaschnitzel Burger, of which i ate 4 in a row once :)

Updated from previous review on Monday April 06, 2015

Pros: very friendly, good taste, nice place

Cons: cow milk

Finally a vegan restaurant in Konstanz - Edit

Unfortunately almost everything on the menu is high in fat. Too much junk food and the smoothies are very little. There is only one option for salad. Too many fried meals!

Pros: price, vegan

Cons: small restaurant, junk food

Very nice - but get rid of cow's milk - Edit

We visited this nice little restaurant twice during our time in Konstanz. The food is delicious, especially the burgers with the sweet potato fries. The staff is very nice and helpful. Seating space is a little limited especially during lunch hours, but we only had to wait 5 mins for a table.

The only thing we found odd was that they offered cow's milk when everything else was vegan. For us as vegans this was slightly off-putting, and we didn't quite see the sense behind this.

Overall, however, highly recommended!

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: cow's milk offered, limited seating space

Return to Konstanz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sol closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.