Soba

Contact 01413575482

116-122 Byres Rd, Glasgow, Scotland, G12 8TB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar Soba operates several locations. Makes Pan-Asian fusion food with an extensive range of dishes. Veg choices in all parts of the menu (starters, sushi, curries, wok dishes, burgers & wraps). This outlet is still open as of Aug 2015. Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Western, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Ariel87

Tasty regardless of their mistake - Edit

I had never eaten here before as a Vegan and was unsure from their menu what I could eat. The friendly staff explained all the vegetarian dishes could be adapted to be vegan. I ended up ordering a vegan pad Thai. Unfortunately it first came out with egg and chicken in it, clearly got my order wrong but put it down to the table telling me it was vegan. Regardless the staff were lovely about it and made me a full new dish which was Tasty! I would go back as there's a good choice of dishes for vegans something a bit different from what you would make at home.

Pros: Friendly/informative staff, good choice, tasty food

Cons: Gave a vegan a meat dish

Good food but not enough of it... - Edit

My friend and I decided to try this place out as a bit of a change from the hipster pubs we'd been eating at for two days. I did not expect it to be - as it was - a slightly trashy bar serving Japanese and Thai 'street food'. There wasn't a huge amount that was vegan on the menu, but the staff member attending to us was very helpful at identifying it and we didn't go hungry, ordering the Pad Thai and the Thai Basil dish with Jasmine rice, and vegetable gyoza as a starter. All of these dishes were good, and well favoured if nothing exceptional. I did feel that the portion size was too small for the price. At £9.95 for each main the prices here were a bit high for my liking especially when compared with similarly casual vegan food establishments in Glasgow. I'm not sure this place is quite my cup of tea but I might come back in a pinch.

Pros: Vegan options that taste good, Friendly staff

Cons: Undersized portions/overpriced mains, Slightly trashy bar ambience

Lovely surprise - Edit

I had no idea that soba catered for vegetarians. As soon as I mentioned my dietary requirement, a friendly waitress took me through all my options. My food was delicious, I had a soba noodle salad to start, then a vegetarian laksa for my main. I went all out and had a mango sorbet for dessert. Great!

Pros: Friendly staff, Food, Music

Cons: Vegetable tempura, Comfort of stool

Fresh food made to order - Edit

Excellent thai food with plenty of vegetarian and vegan options, including sushi. The staff were knowledgeable with what could be made vegan for myself, even though there were vegan options already on the menu anyway. Good value for money, espeically with the pre-theatre menu. My husband and I will definitely be back.

Pros: variety of veg and vegan options, friendly service, portion sizes

Cons: don't do takeaway, no coat hanger

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2281 times since Nov 2012.