Shieka's Bistro

721-542-0068

50 Back St (at Achterstraat & Korte Steeg), Philipsburg, Saint Maarten

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Caribbean food prepared buffet style, handled by the staff. Many vegetarian items. Relaxed atmosphere. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Buffet, Take-out, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by vegansxm

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

Walked 15 mins here in the scortching heat from my cruise ship.. just to be told that it's breakfast time and all they have is meats/fish available. After inquiring when they would have veggie/vegan meals available she told me not until 11:30 (lunch time) and she wouldn't be able to tell me the menu would be until the food arrived. It was 10:30 at the time and this is an outdoor shack restaurant with no fans or AC so waiting an hour to find out if I would be able to get food or not was simply just not an option. If you're in the area, I'd pass by just to check but very unreliable if you're making a trip all the way there for vegan food. Disappointed.

Updated from previous review on 2017-09-02

Cons: No vegan options available

Really good food - Edit

Amazing local food. The vegan options are very tasty. They have catered some vegan events and the food is absolutely divine!

Pros: Local yummy food

Cons: I wish there were more vegan options

Return to Philipsburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shieka's Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.