Shanti Lodge Restaurant

Contact 2-2812497

1/2 Soi Bangrae, Choafa Nok Rd, Ao Chalong, Phuket, Thailand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Guest house with a small restaurant. Most of the menu is vegetarian. Stuffed tofu (some contain cheese), pumpkin dishes, chips, burgers, pasta, Indian dishes. Vegan salad dressing available. Located on the Wat Chalong Rd, half way between Wat Chalong and the Chalong Circle, directly opposite land and home. Sign is located at the entrance of the Soi 53 - Soi Bang Rae. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Thai, Western, Non-veg

First Review by gins

Disappointing - Edit

076-280-233

Drive through the archway into a beautiful space. Pool, gardens, outdoor restaurant.
Then the menu. > Veggie Burgers!!!, stuffed tofu pockets, Indian dishes. On and on the list goes. From the looks of the menu this should be a vegetarian’s paradise! And reasonable pricing as well!
I am going through the menu thinking that it will take many visits to try all the items catching my eye!
Sadly my dreams were crushed when the photos and lovely write ups on the menu showed up as actual food.
But I will back step for a moment. After being given one water and told she would be back to take our order, we sat for over 15 minutes with no one returning and there was only one other couple in the restaurant to look after. Finally I got up and looked for someone. Found a staff and told her the situation. Even after that we had to wait another 5 minutes before our order was finally taken. When the food started coming this is what we got.
Florentine Omelet 100b > No flavoring outside of the veggie ingredients and the eggs. The omelet was over done on the outside and still slimy on the inside. The toast plain unless you want to eat the toxic oils in margarine.
Watermelon shake 95b and below average.
The Super Natural Veggie Burger with cheese, spinach, grilled onions and mushrooms. Up-grade with a salad or fries. I ask if the fries are fresh or from frozen. She tells me frozen. This is in a restaurant that writes about how fresh their food is and organic when available. I find out the Hash Browns are fresh so order them. I find out they have no whole grain buns just white flour but they agree to put the burger on whole wheat bread for me. - Total 185B
What shows up is a burger burnt on one side, no spinach, no fried mushrooms. The taste is okay. The hash browns look lovely yet when I dig in I find out they are totally bland. Zero spices. I have to hunt down some salt to try to give them some flavor.
We were about ¾ through our meals when the server dropped by and explained that the listed hours are wrong. That they are really just open from 8am to 2pm and then 5pm to 9pm (we had shown up at about 3pm) but she did not want to turn away hungry people. She had been in the process of training a new cook. I was grateful for her sharing as that help explain why we had been waiting so long. She was a friendly and nice woman.
This place had showed such promise yet sadly the food gave me no reason to return again.
Online they are advertised as being open from 7am – 10pm. Reality is 8am to 2pm and then 5pm to 9pm

Pros: Kindness

Cons: Poor food preperation, Frozen foods, Bad fats

Egg in my vegan pad thai :( - Edit

I like this place, the food is good and prices aren't too expensive however today when I visited there was egg in my vegan pad Thai. When I brought this to the attention of the waitress she replaced my meal but wasn't apologetic. For a place that advertises as vegan friendly, I don't expect to find animal products in my meal.

Bed service((I was disaррointed( - Edit

By so many good reviews I chose this restaurant to celebrate my Birthday...
I wanted to have a good lunch with my husband..but was totally disaррointed((

The service was so bad...we had to wait 20 min or half an hour..then they brought us 1 dish!!!!We were very hungry at that moment, both of us..and the serving was sooo small like for a lady-on-a-diet...so we two was taking half-half hardly satisfied our hunger we waited another 10 min to take the rest of our order...

tiny servings, high рrices and bad service(((((((unfortuantely

surrounding is nice- garden with shadowy trees, рond, green bushes, quite рlace..but their dog was roaming around not tall enough tables so she can easily sniff it((I like dogs, but I don't like their saliva on the dining tabes((((

That's it(

Pros: quite green surrounding, wooden tables

Cons: high рrices, tiny servings, lazy service

Great meal :) - Edit

The best meal we had on our whole stay in Phuket (and ironically, one of the cheapest)! Such a nice, warm atmosphere, very laid-back and a beautiful homely setting - very natural with lots of wood, greenery and a swimming pool. We were also greeted by two adorable dogs and some kittens we just fell in love with. The food was incredible, such a huge menu with a great variety of both veggie/vegan and non-veggie dishes - something that can be hard to find in Phuket. We especially loved the satay tofu pocket and the pumpkin with cashew nuts - just amazing and so creative. The food was a little slow on arrival but chilling out with some delicious cocktails completely made up for it. Plus, the staff were so friendly and hard-working, so we gave them a big tip, as we thought they deserved it. I thoroughly recommend to visit here when staying in Phuket!

Pros: amazing food, extensive variety, great atmosphere

Cons: a little slow

pumpkin soup - Edit

Amazing is all I have to say... They have a pool for the kids to swim while you wait for your food and wait you will for it takes (seems like) forever before the food arrives at your table. You also have to tell them you are there to eat, and you have to find your own seat. Not much service. HOWEVER, that said, the food is WORTH the wait especially if you aren't in a hurry and enjoy sitting around or swim while you wait! Truly, the food is great!

Pros: great food, relaxing, casual

Cons: long time before order comes, not really any customer service, did I mention a LOOOONG Wait!

Stuffed Tofu Galore - Edit

Although the menu is not 100% veggie there are heaps of vegetarian dishes to choose from. Like lentils balls, spring rolls to veggie burgers. There are twelve stuffed tofu dishes on the menu (though some contain cheese - but mostly not). And the salad dressing vegan as it is made from garlic, sesame seeds and vinegar (though check you are getting this one when ordering). There is also a whole page of pumpkin dishes. It is a little more expensive then usual Thai food and the service can be lacking sometimes (don't think they are used to people working in off the street - so be forthright and say you are there for food) but the imaginative and varied dishes make it worthwhile.

Pros: varied tofu dishes, imaginative dishes

Cons: service can be a little strained

Return to Phuket Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Shanti Lodge Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.