First Review by xvx

LOVE this place! - Edit

I've been coming to Sentosa for at least 10 years and I never get tired it. I love the mock meats and all of the sauces. Sometimes we request a sauce to be a little less sweet or less spicy, which they happily adjust. They have a full vegetarian menu and will substitute a mock meat in any of the regular menu items as well. Everything is made to order and we've been thrilled with accommodations and changes for us. The sunshine ribs are SO GOOD! We also adore the General Tso's "chicken" and sesame "chicken". The owner is lovely, helpful and always remembers our favorites. Highly recommend! The vegetarian portion of their menu deserves 5 stars, but Happy Cow only allows 4 stars for a restaurant that is not completely vegetarian. :(

Pros: Very friendly, Large portions, Variety of mock meats

Not that great - Edit

There are a vast amount of vegan and vegetarian options here, so we were really excited. However, both of us felt pretty gross after eating here, maybe because everything is really greasy.

It wasn't as good as we hoped, and I doubt I'd go back.

Pros: Lots of vegan options

Cons: Really greasy

Friendly and Good Food - Edit

Sentosa has always been extremely friendly and the food is always very good. The wait staff is always fast and gets your order exact. It's mostly a mock meat menu with heavier sauces for flavoring. It can be a little much for some people who aren't interested in that type of cuisine. Recommendations would be the scallion pancake, curry noodle soup and sesame veggie chicken.

Pros: Great Food, Good Service, Reasonable Prices

A must try! - Edit

This place is great! The food is so good. There is a whole vegetarian section on the menu. The people are really nice and helpful. They always answer my questions for what id vegan and gluten free. I must get on their nerves. But they never show it. : ) Also, she always asked if we wanted separate bags for the left overs! They also have fixed up the place a lot.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 30, 2008

Pros: great food, large portions, friendly staff

Sentosa has Great Vegetarian food!! - Edit

We used to travel north to get good vegetarian chinese food, now with Sentosa we don't have too. They also have non-vegetarian so the entire family can get what they want while I can get my vegetarian. I love the vegetarian specials Sesame chicken. They have a large selection of vegetarian meals and sides. The seating may not be that great but the food sure makes up for that! They also have free food depending how much you buy. Make sure you total your stuff then request the free item or else you won't get it for free!
If you have not tried Sentosa you must give it a try!!

Pros: Food, Vegetarian, Service

Cons: Seating

love it! - Edit

my veg boyfriend and i had our first date there almost a year ago and go back quite often! we love the selection... sometimes the food can be a little too oily, so i often get the "diet watchers sauce" which is much lighter... my favorites are the "ant on the tree" special and the scallion pancakes!

If you like Asian food ... - Edit

Then this is a great place for you. Good food with a great price. they even have a lunch menu. The scallion panckes are awesome, wonton soup ... awesome. Brown rice at no extra charge is a bonus. There are so many good choices I have a hard time choosing what to get.

Pros: good rices, good food, nice owners

Cons: none

It's great, but not all veggie items are vegan - Edit

I probably go to Sentosa every 4-6 weeks. Great vegan food, but not all items on the vegetarian menu are vegan. Be sure to ask. They said that some noodle dishes are made with Chinese egg noodles, and there might be other dishes with eggs. The Autumn Roll is vegan and very yummy, and consists of shredded veggies wrapped in tofu skin, and the whole thing is dipped in batter and deep-fried.

Pros: Cheap, Yummy, Good Selection

Cons: Tiny dining room, No Atmosphere

absolutely the best east asian vegan food - Edit

Sentosa, wow. I'm not sure where to start. It is a unique place. This is far and away the best vegan East Asian food I have ever had. Yes, better than VP2 or Red Bamboo or anywhere else in New York, better than Kingdom in Philadelphia. I have had vegan Chinese throughout the country and nothing touches Sentosa. For whatever reasons, they have an impressively extensive vegan menu alongside their traditional omnivorous menu of Chinese and Malaysian food. All of their vegetarian menu is vegan. I have never had a dish somewhere else where I said "This is better than Sentosa's version." Some places might have dishes that Sentosa does not make, sure. But if Sentosa makes it, I assure you it is better. Sentosa also offers many original creations that I have simply not seen anywhere else. Unlike many vegan Chinese restaurants, they do not offer you six or eight versions of the same mock beef dish. All dishes are markedly different from one another. And they have brown rice!

They offer lunch specials for $4.50, Tuesday through Saturday, that come with large portions of a main dish with brown rice and miso soup.

The owners are super friendly and accommodating. They are extremely flexible and will make something however you want it. You want your veggie sesame chicken steamed? Done. You want the Shredded Heaven extra spicy? Done. Miso soup instead of the fried (vegan) spring roll? Done.

Recommendations - veggie sesame chicken, seaweed salad, hot and sour soup, yam fries, scallion pancakes, steamed vegetable dumplings, shredded heaven.

Pros: Large portions, Many options, Brown rice!!

Return to Brick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sentosa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5154 times since Aug 2007.