Seizansodo

075-8611609

63 Susukinobaba-cho, Saga Tenryuji, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan,

Serves Tofu Shojin Ryori. Address in Japanese: 京都府京都市右京区嵯峨天龍寺芒ノ馬場町63. Closed Wednesday and first Tuesday of the month. It is advised to call ahead before you go to be sure that it's open. Open Mon-Tue 11:30am-5:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:30am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese

First Review by LucidDreams

Great Lunch - Edit

Came here for lunch with my mom and our tour guide. BEAUTIFUL restaurant with great food. It's a little more expensive as compared to the other vegan restaurants I went to in Japan, but the food is great and the experience is well worth it!

Simple, Delicious - Edit

We were here for lunch for ¥6480 for two people (August 2015). It was a vegetarian tofu lunch, but they easily accommodated my vegan husband with a simple swap of one item. It was also easy to find (not always the case in Japan). We sat in a Japanese style room and they served all the food very quickly and left us alone as we ate. It was a great experience.

Must go if you are in Arashiyama!! - Edit

For the vegans/vegetarians who wanna enjoy the Kyoto tofu, here's one of the best places to go if you're in Kyoto. The price was $3150 yen. There were some appetizers coming out before the tofu. It was all for vegetarians. For the vegans, you can let the staff know. She will do some exchange for you. The place was old Japanese style. If you go at the right seasons, you can see lots of pretty flowers/plants in the garden. Me and my husband enjoyed a lot when we went. :)

Pros: Nice Staff, Yummy Food, Beautiful Place To Enjoy The Food

Fabulous place!!! - Edit

This is a cozy litte restaurant in traditional japanese style where you sit on the floor at a low table. The hous is very lovely with a beautyful little garden. Staff was very friendly and the food was amazing! Dinner consisted of several small dishes. Considering how much food we got and how good it was I don't think it was that expensive. If you are in Kyoto you must try this place!

Pros: Super delishious, Very friendly staff, Nice place

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Seizansodo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.