Salsa Verde

• Vegetarian
Contact 351-266743210

Rua do Raimundo, 93-A, Evora, Portugal, 7000-661

Little vegetarian buffet restaurant. Proprietors speak sufficient English to help you out with choices and payment. New location since fall 2012; previously located at Rua Fernanda Seno 24-A.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Portuguese

First Review by PrincesaMichelle

satisfying meal for less than 10 euros - Edit

The place is quite big (I guess the description above was made on reference to the old location) and really pleasant. About half of the options were vegan (including two desserts) and the staff kindly showed which dishes I should avoid.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 25, 2016

Pros: pay per weight , Affordable

Great Find - Edit

This listing didn't pull up on my iPhone, so we came across it because of the TI recommendation. When you walk in, it's not obvious what the food offering is, because you can't see it. We were warmly greeted and provided a full explanation of the concept and told what items were not vegan(most items were vegan). Buffet style. They have two options- small plate at 4.95 Euros or by weight for a large plate. We opted for two small plates. One for hot and one for cold. Plenty of food for two people to share. Soup, dessert and beverages are a separate cost. They also had a vegan dessert and offered soy milk(for coffee). We took dessert to go and ate on the train back to Lisbon. WiFi available and worked great. Food was really good and fresh. Vegetable soup was purred as typical in Portugal. Keep your tray for clean up. Place all your trash and dinnerware on the tray. There is a standing cart to slide your tray into.
Updated from previous review on Monday September 07, 2015

Pros: Great food and offerings, Knowledgable staff, Great pricing

Amazing veggie restaurant in Évora - Edit

Just enjoyed a delicious buffet dinner in Salsa Verde! Lovely selection of hot and cold dishes, soups and cakes. Mostly vegan, some vegetarian. Incredibly good value (€6 for a large plate). Well worth a visit if you're in the area and craving a veggie meal. Thank you Salsa Verde!

Wide range of tasty dishes - Edit

Usually I don't like buffet restaurants that much. However this one is an exception. The staff was very friendly and the cook really created great tasting foods. If you go there you really want to try everything. I can see only one con: The restaurant looks like a modern design restaurant which is nice but makes the place a bit less cosy. However the pros far outweigh this one con and you should definitly visit this place.

Good food, good price - Edit

There are both cold and hot dishes in the buffet and the cold offers both raw salad ingredients and prepared salads. The hot dishes were things like seitan stir fry, pasta, tofu with vegetables, and some stew-type dishes. The night I was there, I liked the stir-fried seitan, beet salad, a delicious chickpea salad with lots of cumin. The raw salad bar didn't have a huge selection and the pasta dish looked dried out (I decided to forego it). For dessert I had the best baked apple with cinnamon and honey (served cold) that I have ever had. Beware, it's super sweet! All in all, I was happy to have eaten good healthy food here.

Lovely vegetarian buffet - thumbs up!! - Edit

Hi all,

If you ever find yourself in the historic town of Evora, please visit the Salsa Verde.
Clean, modern buffet style interior with the best vegetarian food in the regio. For a minimal price.

The concept is simple: you take a plate, fill it up from the varied buffet, and pay per weight.
The dishes are mostly organic and cooked with love.

We chose the indian vegetable curry, the sweet potatoes with cinnamon (yum!), and the traditional Bread Casserole (you have to try that once in your life. It is surprisingly good).
Next to that, we had a large salad from the salad buffet.
With drinks, we payed 8 euro for a full meal. Wow.

The decor is fresh and modern, with art on the walls. The restrooms were super clean and pleasant. So is the open kitchen, where food is cooked with passion.
The owner welcomes you, speaks good english, and shares his joy about the fresh organic figs that are in the salad. (they were really good).

We came back for dinner. We will go back any time we are in Evora.
I would highly recommend this place.

Pros: buffet style , fresh, clean decor , food with a heart

Cons: wifi sometimes falters, but it works, Evora is far away from my own home ;), Not crowded. We need to fix that!

Ok vegetarian and vegan buffet - Edit

Had an ok meal here. The place lacked character. About half of the choices is vegan. The food was not that tasteful. Orange juice had way too much pulp. Nice vegan dessert however. Not worth the money.

Pros: Half the buffet is vegan, Nice vegan dessert

Cons: Food was a little bland, Lacked character

Great dinner location - Edit

The food is paid per Kilo (14,40 €) except for the soup which is 1,60 € and the sweets. The beverages are very cheap (f. ex. an espresso made of organis beans for 0,65 €, a 375 ml. bottle of wine for 2,35 € etc.). The owners are very friendly and you will have a great time there.

Pros: food changes daily, per Kilo, good quality

Cons: opens in the evening only at 7 p.m.

Great Food and Nice Owner - Edit

When you only have one restaurant option, we were happy to have it be a buffet. About half of the buffet items were vegan. Food was mostly same at lunch and dinner. Food was by the pound. We arrived late for lunch so food had been sitting there for awhile and tasted like it. Lots of Indian inspired food, nothing typical of the region.

Pros: lots of vegan options, decently priced, great service

Return to Evora Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Salsa Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1582 times since Aug 2011.