Rost mat & kaffe

• Veg-friendly
Contact +46-90135800

Rådhusesplanaden 2E, Umea, Sweden, 906 54

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian lunches, pastries, Italian coffee, and vegan food upon request. The soup is always vegan, made of coconut cream. Small and cozy. Move to this location in 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, European, Swedish, Non-veg

First Review by swedenrose3

A bistro that does right by vegan foodies - Edit

On a trip to Umeå, we were on the hunt for vegan-friendly places to eat. It was down to Rost and another place. As luck would have it, Rost was right around the corner from our hotel. My partner had the Fresh Cheese Plate, which the restaurant made vegan by giving him extra hummus, It was served with bulgar, chile beans, quinoa, and curry beans. He also raved about the lovely dark pumpernickel bread that came with his meal. I had the soup of the day (which is always vegan btw!). It was tomato and sweet pea with herb toast and a lovely fresh summer salad. Both meals were fantastic. If I had anything to say, it would only be that I was missing a little savory to break up the sweet on my plate, but that it just me splitting hairs. On our way out the door, we made it as far as the dessert display before turning around to head back in for a slice of carrot cake (non-vegan) and a chocolate ball (vegan). Both desserts were yummy. The atmosphere is modern, trendy and great for a 2014 bistro.

Pros: creative menu with modern flavors, atmosphere, location

Return to Umea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rost mat & kaffe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 922 times since Jul 2009.