Rost Mat & Kaffe

Rådhusesplanaden 2E, Umea, Sweden, 906 54

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian lunch food, pastries, Italian coffee; vegan food upon request. The soup is always vegan. Move here in 2015. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-5:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, European, Swedish, Non-veg

First Review by swedenrose3

Cosy cafe with vegetarian and vegan options - Edit

I had the fresh cheese plate, very tasty! Also a good mix of both protein and carbohydrates. Cosy atmosphere with mixed clientele. Serviceminded staff. Also still serves the fully vegan daily soup.

Pros: Excellent food, Relaxed atmosphere , Attentive, helpful staff

A bistro that does right by vegan foodies - Edit

On a trip to Umeå, we were on the hunt for vegan-friendly places to eat. It was down to Rost and another place. As luck would have it, Rost was right around the corner from our hotel. My partner had the Fresh Cheese Plate, which the restaurant made vegan by giving him extra hummus, It was served with bulgar, chile beans, quinoa, and curry beans. He also raved about the lovely dark pumpernickel bread that came with his meal. I had the soup of the day (which is always vegan btw!). It was tomato and sweet pea with herb toast and a lovely fresh summer salad. Both meals were fantastic. If I had anything to say, it would only be that I was missing a little savory to break up the sweet on my plate, but that it just me splitting hairs. On our way out the door, we made it as far as the dessert display before turning around to head back in for a slice of carrot cake (non-vegan) and a chocolate ball (vegan). Both desserts were yummy. The atmosphere is modern, trendy and great for a 2014 bistro.

Pros: creative menu with modern flavors, atmosphere, location

Return to Umea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rost Mat & Kaffe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.