Root & Vine

828-433-1540

139 West Union St, Morganton, North Carolina, USA, 28655

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant offering vegan options including hummus, salads, pizza, chickpea burger and tempeh tacos on their lunch menu and salads and tofu entrees on their dinner menu. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-9:30pm. Closed Sun.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by rhjandkej

Great Food and Drinks - Edit

I frequent Morganton for work and have always wanted to stop in and see what's good. Today I finally had the chance to check it out. I was lucky enough to catch the IMPOSSIBLE BURGER on the menu!!! I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. Great burger with vegan cheese and a vegan bun (and marked as such on the menu). I spoke with the chef (whose sous chef is vegan) about options on the menu - there are usually 4-5 items that are vegan or can be made vegan. This will be my lunch spot from now on, and I plan to bring my coworkers! I would also love to stop by for supper because of the extensive drink menu.. Highly recommended! Would give 5 stars, but they do serve meat/dairy.

Pros: Several hearty vegan options, Servers are knowledgable, Great drink menu

Cons: street parking

Lunch - Edit

Had a nice vegetarian lunch here recently and was pleased to see some vegan options on both the lunch and dinner menus. This is a small, cozy restaurant in downtown Morganton. Friendly service, good food. Had a fairly busy crowd for a weekday lunch. Good to know that there is an option in Morganton for a vegan meal.

Pros: one of the few places in town that offer vegan opt

Return to Morganton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Root & Vine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.