Rice Tapas Bar and Restaurant

+61-2-6247-6161

Level 2/24 Garema Place, Civic, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2601

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cosy Thai restaurant located upstairs at Garema Place. Offers a wide range of Thai dishes including lunch specials. Has vegetarian options and you can check which are vegan, such as veg stir fries and tofu dishes. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by SarahDanskin

Nothing vegan option on menu - Edit

They did make up a nice tofu noodles main and crispy tofu entree, so if you wind up coming here you will be catered for (it was tofu noodles or tofu rice). The lady who served us was very friendly. For three stars please add a vegan item to your menu

Pros: They made up something nice, Friendly service

Cons: Nothing vegan on the menu

Good food, good service and nice atmosphere - Edit

I dined by myself and ordered a vegetable + tofu Pad Thai. It is not very easy to navigate through the menu, as it is ordered by type of dish (Thai curry, then Noodle, Fried Rice, etc.) and there is no (V) to visually indicate which dishes are vegetarian/vegan. They have a very extensive list of dishes and I prefer restaurants with only a limited amount of dishes as it indicates freshness and quality. That said, my Pad Thai was quite tasty and fresh, and the portion generous, although a bit too sour for me. The service was excellent.
Overall, I would say it is good and cosy, but I don't think I would go back as I am very picky with my choices :)

Pros: Excellent service, Cosy, Good food overall

Cons: Difficult to navigate through the menu

Return to Canberra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rice Tapas Bar and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.