Contact 984-168-1282

Km 4 Carr Tulum Boca Paila, Tulum, Mexico, 77789

Re-opening October 2016. Serves local cuisine using local farm products. Few steps from the beach, on the one road that runs along the beach, between hotel Maya Tulum and hotel Amansala. Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Mexican, Fusion

First Review by saul cups

Best vegan food in Tulum - Edit

Hands down the best food in Tulum. The atmosphere is great and the staff are very friendly. Its definitely more expensive. Think fine dining prices. however its completely worth it. I haven't had a meal this good in years. The lettuce tacos were the best thing ever.

Pros: Best flavours, lots of raw options, atmosphere

Cons: Expensive, small portions

Good but too expensive - Edit

Already wrote a review last year but had to update it after my last visit. Nice place in jungle setting/decoration along the main Tulum beach road, very good vibe. Very tasty Vegan Mexican plates, specialties from all across the country veganized. Particular juice combinations and beers from smaller local breweries available. Great quality of food, several special plates and very original in their ingredients and preparation... big plus and makes this place different! Unfortunately as nice as the simple jungle setting is and as good as the dishes are, the prices as others have already pointed out are way too high, to a point it does not make any sense... 180 pesos for 3 soy meat tacos!?

Pros: Very nice setting, Typical Mexican plates

Cons: VERY expensive, Portions could be bigger

Good Food - Too expensive! - Edit

It took us some time to find this place as the address (4km) is wrong. But we didn't give up. And finally we found it, after the Mayaspa hotel - the first restaurant on the right.
We went for lunch. We ordered a peanut curry dish with Vegetables and a tofu wrapped in leaves with rice. The food was very good and very well presented. However, we didn't expect the high prices of central London here.

Pros: Very well presented, Tasty food, Friendly service

Cons: Way too expensive, CC machine work sporadically

PHENOMENAL Vegan Fare - Edit

I highly recommend making a meal at Restaurare a part of your trip to Tulum. My family and I visited Restaurare in April 2015. My husband is vegan and my children and I are vegetarian. We did not have to make a reservation and the restaurant is very child-friendly. The outdoor setting is beautiful; in the jungle under a canopy of leaves. The vegan food at Restaurare is FABULOUS: several choices for apps, entrees and specials; vegan interpretations of traditional Mexican fare and extremely fresh fruits and vegetables. For appetizers we ordered Tacos Pibil and for entrees we ordered the Momo tofu, Vegan Salbutes and Marinated Vegetables SPECIAL. I highly recommend the Special; it had an unbelievably sweet and savory sweet potato, beetroot and plantain puree. The desserts were small though very tasty: we ordered the cacao brownie and almond truffle. The smoothies are also really delicious and fresh; I highly recommend the Mango-Orange-Papaya-Mint and the Pineapple-Mango-Caya. Eating at Restaurare was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Tulum, Mexico.

Vegan Heaven - Edit

We dined here twice at the beginning of Feb 2015. The menu contains regional dishes and over the two nights we tried the local mole and salbutes from the main menu and coconut ceviche and peanut curry from the specials. All were packed with texture and flavour. The setting is nice too, outdoors amongst the trees & lights. If you are in Tulum you have to eat here. If there are no tables when you get there then it's worth the wait.

Pros: Delicious food, Outdoor jungle location, Friendly helpful staff

Cons: tourist prices (not a big concern), No cookbook yet! (Get writing please)

Amazing! - Edit

I loved this restaurant! The atmosphere was fantastic, and the food was so creative and delicious. It was not too expensive either. I enjoyed eating a Mayan curry, which used traditional spices in a curry sauce - very delicious! Highly recommend!

Wonderful Vegan Restaurant - Edit

I felt compelled to write a review when I realised this is not at the top of the list of Tulum restaurants... I live in Tulum and eat regularly at Restaurare, and I can assure you that is the best place you will find to eat here! A Godsend! I think I have probably had just about everything on the menu and it is always delicious. All vegan, wonderful owners and staff, delicate flavours from around Mexico, organic food created with love, attention to detail, precious jungle surroundings, and (especially taking into account that it's on the beach road) it is all very reasonably priced. The only con I can think of is that there are mosquitoes (well what do you expect in the jungle?!) but I always take a natural repellent, and if they're really bothering you you can ask for a copalero (an incense burner) by your table - problem solved! I always recommend it wholeheartedly to the guests who stay at my apartments whether they are vegan or not, and they always thoroughly enjoy it. Go!

Pros: All Vegan / Organic, Delicious Food Reasonably Priced, Natural Jungle Surroundings

Cons: Mosquitoes-Use Repellent/Request Copal

Hands down, the best food I've eaten! - Edit

While planning a trip to Tulum for a wedding, I was kind of nervous thinking about what I'd be eating, or not eating. We were so excited when we found a 100% vegan restaurant, literally feet from our cabana. We instantly fell in love with the waitress, Sam, she was so rad. It's all outdoor sitting, nestled in the jungle. Everything we consumed here was hands down the most amazing food I've ever eaten. Our drinks were extremely refreshing and perfect after a long walk in the heat. Our goal was to try everything on the menu during our week stay in Tulum, sadly due to time, that wasn't accomplished. Our first visit we ate the Lettuce Tacos, Momo Tofu & Salbutes. Trip two: Tacos Pibil & Mayan Curry. I can not say one bad thing about the food, everything was so full of flavor and fresh. My favorite was the Mayan Curry, I've never tested anything so delicious. We didn't get a chance to try their desserts, and I'm mostly sad about that.
Restaurare will forever hold a very special place in our hearts. The atmosphere, wait staff and especially the food brought us so much joy and happiness. I hope I find myself there in the future. Thank you so much for such a lovely experience.

Pros: Clean, Fresh, Delicious

Cons: Not in California

Delicious food in great atmosphere.. - Edit

Really special vegan recipes in Mexican style. My carnivore friends didn't miss meat at all :) Small portions. Very lovable staff and good vibe. For everyone who loves gourmet cuisine in a relaxt atmosphere.

Typical mexican/mayan food! - Edit

We went there for dinner and were happily surprised by this amazing restaurant.
It's located by the beach, in the middle of he trees.

We expected another traditional burritos/tapas/tacos menu but what they offer are dishes with a taste of mayan history!

I had he mayan curry with lots of mayan and unusual spices and my husanc had the "local mole" which is a kind of stew with chocolate sauce! Something you'll probably eat nowhere else!
They had one of the best desserts I've ever eaten so far which was the dark chocolate cupcake with some crusty coconut bits, yummy!!!

The staff was really nice and prices affordable.
I really recommend this place for those wanting to live an unusual tasty experience!

Pros: Food, Place, Staff

Cons: Not enough light when eting at night

interesting place - Edit

The locale is pretty easy to miss, but if you see the sign head right down the stone steps to a grove of trees. Its like eating in a jungle. The menu was worn and hard to read, but the staff was nice and the food was great! The portions are perfect -- you get what you can comfortably eat -- so don't expect big American size portions here. I recommend to try it least once.

Pros: ambiance, food great, service good

Cons: power cut in and out all night, price is high, menus old and hard to read

Tasty Vegan Mexican dishes - Edit

This restaurant is beautifully set among the trees. The menu is fresh and interesting offering a selection of Mexican inspired dishes. I tried the puffy tacos and they were delicious. They also had banana cake with a vegan cream when I went. I enjoyed it very much and the staff were great.

Note, the map is wrong. It is not in the town, it is at the beach.

Pros: Delicious fresh ingredients, Mexican dishes

Cons: Expensive, but comparable to Tulum, Bugs biting you after the rain

Good Mexican food - Edit

We went here while on vacation in Tulum and were very pleased with the food. Service was great, and we ordered Mexican specialties- salbutes and tacos de pastor. They tasted great, as did the agua de limon (traditional Mexican limeade). Cash only. The bike ride there was very nice, as well. If you stick to the smaller plates (like we did), it isn't too pricey.

Pros: Mexican specialties, Good aguas, Great service

Cons: Cash only, Outdoor seating only

great place and food - Edit

We were very happy to find a vegan place on the beach road of tulum. with so much spiritual hype and yoga types in tulum you would think there would be more vegan places. This is the only 100 percent vegan place in tulum. the owner and staff are great. the setting is really relaxing and pretty. The food is excellent, with a really nice variety of mexican/mayan dishes aswell as there own creations. i had mayan curry. Very nice and my gf had the saludubes, and then chocolate cake and banana cake. we were very satisfied and went back the next day for more cakes. You have to go here if your in tulum. Even if your not vegan you will have a greta meal

Pros: food, people, atmosphere

Wow - best food and juices in Tulum - Edit

This was such a wonderful find. The food, juices, atmosphere, and people working are the best we found in Tulum, and it's 100% vegan and mostly local. They serve a variety of food, and they serve vegan versions of regional specialties like salbutes (highly recommended) and mole that we couldn't find anywhere else. In a town with a lot of amazing smoothies and juices, Restaurare has the best. We found it late in our trip, but otherwise we would have gone here every day.

It just opened in Nov-Dec 2012, so please support Restaurare so it's there the next time we return. :)

There's little protection from the rain so you might want to come back later if it looks like it's going to start pouring, but otherwise the courtyard is the most beautiful spot. Atmosphere is very peaceful.

It can be a little hard to find and our taxi drivers didn't know about it yet, but it's on the non-beach side of the road in between Maya Tulum and Amansala, if I remember correctly. Look for the small signs out front, and it's next to a swimsuit shop and another bar/restaurant.

Pros: Incredible vegan food and juices, Local Yucatan specialties - vegan, Incredibly friendly people

Cons: No alcohol (for now - might change), Not much protection from rain

Above and beyond - Edit

Delicious, affordable (moderate, not expensive) food and juices. Has two menus--breakfast/brunch and dinner. We ate there twice for lunch, once for dinner; highlights included the amazing chaya tacos, lasagna, tofu scramble, oyster mushroom ceviche, and the mole. The tamarind, ginger, and habanero juice is a must-try (tart sweetness with a kick!). Service is impeccable--food and everything else will be brought to you by the ever-smiling Roberto. The chef--I think her name is Martina--also came out for a visit. After traveling around meat-heavy Yucatan for 2 weeks, we felt like we had found paradise at Restaurare. Highly recommended. Oh, and only minutes from the beautiful beach.

Pros: delicious, good value, great vibe

Return to Tulum Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Restaurare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5531 times since Dec 2012.