First Review by pansypuss

Ordinary food, cosy place - Edit

The restaurant is located in a nice street and cosy inside. The food was ok, but for my taste nothing special (but the hummus was very yummy) and the price was a bit high for what we get. But I would visit Resept again for sure.

Pure vegan yummi food - Edit

This is the best vegan restaurant in Norway and probably the best i've ever been to. Deliciouse home made food, about 10 options on the menu and even vegan cakes for dessert.
Not expensive at all for Norwegian standards and staff is lovely.
The restaurant is a reason itself to visit the beautiful city of Stavanger.

Pros: pure vegan, real homemade food, friendly staff

Friendly people, delicious food - Edit

Vegetarian eating outside Oslo can be challenging, so to find this lovely Stavanger cafe cooking vegan food and also prepared to cater for special diets beyond that was like a miracle. The staff are welcoming, speak great English and the food is delicious. They made a special dish for my partner - who is veggie but can only eat certain vegetables - and were also able to cater for a Norwegian friend who cannot eat wheat. My vegan mushroom stroganoffy dish was really, really delicious and the vegan brownies were gorgeous. If you visit Stavanger please do support this lovely cafe that cooks delicious vegan food in an environment where many other restaurants don't even offer veggie options!! Worth a special trip.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food, non-smoking

No more milk and honey - Edit

Great news: Resept is now entirely vegan - they no longer serve cow's milk and honey in their hot drinks. They have different kinds of plant milk, like almond milk, spelt milk and soy milk. This is the best veg*an restaurant in Norway - and probably one of the best in Europe.

Pros: Great food - and beautyfully looking, Friendly staff, Affordable

Wonderful restaurant! - Edit

Very good food in a beautifull atmosphere. In contrary to one of the reviews below, we also got an english menu. They still serve milk and honey, though, so if you order a latte macchiato or so, be sure to specify soy milk. I asked them, and they told me that they were changing it slowly to 100 % vegan, but that it is not so easy in Stavanger.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, great atmosphere

Cons: milk and honey still available

Wonderful Food! - Edit

An unexpected green oasis in Stavanger. The food is amazing, well presented, tasty, with good quality ingredients. Friendly staff. Cheap for the very expensive Norway. Go there! One of the best veg restaurants I have ever experienced.

FAB FOOD! - Edit

I`ve been a veggie for 24 years, and this is the best veggie restaurant I`ve visited. We`ve been twice so far (only discovered it 2 nights ago) and the food is delicious, the staff friendly. It is licenced, and the tea lights add to a pleasant atmosphere. Only one more night left for us in Norway - and we know where we`ll be eating!
My husband (carnivore) also really rated the food. And they accomodated our 2 children (1 of whom is picky, so they did a special dish for him). Couldn`t be more happy!

Pros: great food, licensed , friendly staff

Good food - Edit

I ate twice here in my two-and-a-half days in Stavanger. Had a Thai curry with brown rice, two hunks of deep-fried tofu, lots of vegetables and some papaya salsa for 139 kr, and the day's Dragon Bowl with brown rice, lots of good vegetables and pickled daikon radish (I think it was) for 89 kr. Yum. Both dishes had good sauces and were attractively presented. Also available were burritos, pastas, hummus, etc. No English menu, but staff can explain the items.

Pros: tasty food, dishes presented well

Cons: no English menu, good staff

an oasis in oil town - Edit

vegetarianism in stavanger is an alien concept. folks here like fossil foods to compliment their fossil fuels and are usually intimidated into saying 'spennende' at anything else..

so when a veggie walks into resept, it is quite literally an oasis. friendly, helpful staff, no pushiness about it being vegetarian; simply good food, at very reasonable prices.

before this place opened, i didn't bother to eat out in stavanger. (the vegetarian options elsewhere frequently tend to include meat stock, based on ignorance rather than malice).

all food at resept is vegan, the menu is 'world fusion' including thai, indian and south american options, as well as some continental european influences - and there's a high level of thought given to the complimentary nutritional values involved in each dish.

by rights, this restaurant shouldn't exist in a place like stavanger. some people still walk out when they discover they can't have meat. but then a lot of others tend to keep coming back, irrespective of their dietary persuasions, and the reason for this isn't hard to guess at at all - the food served here is really good.

Pros: healthy, inexpensive, tasty

Cons: saturdays can be busy

Must try if u go Stavanger - Edit

The only true veggie/vegan restaurant (though sell liqour too) that i found when i'm there for company training before (Feb & May 09).
A very unique concept as U won't see any 'veggie' label/sign at all in/outside the restaurant, 2 level (basement & upper), in the center of Stavanger restaurants area.

Pros: Friendly staff, 'Worldwide' menu, Reasonable $

Cons: a bit less space

Resept vegan cafe - Edit

We went last night for our 25th wedding anniversary - fantastic! The first time since we've lived in Stavanger (15 years) that we have really enjoyed a meal out in a restaurant. Knowing that it was all proper vegan food was a treat indeed. The food was really good, my criteria is that it should be different and as good or better that I would cook at home - it was. We plan to go there often and plan to take friends.

Pros: Excellent food, Large portions, Friendly staff

Cons: a bit spartan downstairs

Return to Stavanger Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Resept closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 785 times since Feb 2009.