Red Lime Shack

Contact 72266867

158 St Vincent Street, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, 5015

Healthy food and coffeehouse, opened in Mar 2012. Offers breakfast and lunch with raw food and gluten free options. The kitchen is completely vegan, however cow's milk is offered in the barista fridge where it is used for coffee drinks. Mon-Fri 8:00am-2:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Take-out, Australian

First Review by Kerrence

Cool location and good food - Edit

Had the gluten free rie ball salad and my bf had a burger and coffee. We liked everything. They also offer some vegan desserts and juices, smoothies, etc.
I really loved the intertior of the place!

Pros: gluten free options, fast and friendly service, nice location

Coffee and Burger - Edit

Went there for a coffee and a burger as suggested by the other reviews. It was really hot today so the lack of adequate air conditioning made it a little uncomfortable. Otherwise a really cool place, great decor, happy staff, nice coffee and tasty burgers. Pretty cheap too.

Pros: Cheap and tasty, Nice Atmosphere, Good Service

Cons: No air con

Review - Edit

The carrot, sage and walnut burger is the best burger I have ever eaten. It has a lot of salad, onion jam and tahini mayo, and is great value for money. I have tried a few other things on the menu and they are delicious aswell. The food is presented extremely well. The staff are welcoming and extremely helpful.

Pros: Amazing service and friendly staff, Value for money, Delicious food

Great cafe in Port Adelaide - Edit

I had lunch here while working in the area and was happy with the find, thanks happycow.

The barley soup was delicious and perfectly seasoned for a cold winter day and the coffee was rocket fuel for the rest of the day.

Dessert was a fig/coconut slice that oozed awesomeness. All in $AUD16, not bad!

Pros: ambience, food, staff friendliness

Cons: small seating tables

Good burgers! - Edit

Have been here once just after they opened and it was OK. The menu was limited though, and only had a few options. I had a burger (cant remember now which one) and it was good! very big and filling. I had a coffee as well and that was great!
They didnt have eftpos though which was annoying, so i had to run out and find an ATM. But i would go back again when in the area. Parking is an issue though, as its hard to stop right out the front, so best to park near the Pt Adelaide markets and walk down commercial rd.

Pros: Yummy burger, Good coffee

Cons: No eftpos, No parking, Limited options

Worth a visit - Edit

I have eaten here on two occasions and found both experiences to be quite good. I'm quite fussy with my coffee and theirs is fantastic. If you enjoy a quality coffee do visit here! The first time I ate here was just after they opened and the food was good but not great. The second time I visisted I found the quality and taste had improved so I think they now have things running smoothly and you can get a quality meal visiting here.

Pros: Fantastic coffee, Well priced

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Red Lime Shack closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2937 times since Apr 2012.