CLOSED: Rawlicious

Contact 416-519-7150

785 Bathurst St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada,

Update May 29, 2016 moved out of 2122 Bloor St W and to reopen at 785 Bathurst St later in the summer/fall -- please let happycow know when it re-opens! / Raw food restaurant featuring an organic and vegan menu consisting of fully raw appetizers, soups, salads, main entrees, smoothies, fresh juices, and desserts. No wheat, dairy, or refined sugar.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by ajumenai

Not my favourite place, but not a bad place! - Edit

The overall feel of the place is nice, food is pretty good, but overall I am not happy with almost any raw vegan restaurants for many reasons. First of they do not educate anyone with vegan leaflets or vegan information. Secondly even though the food is pretty good, they give you very little for the cost of the food. I went in and spent nearly $35 and was still a bit hungry. Also most of the food is high in fat and they have very little fruit options. It would be nice if they served bigger portions and kept the fat a little lower.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 01, 2014

Pros: Very tastey food, Very clean restaurant, See how the food is prepared

Cons: Very expensive, Not enough food, No vegan educational materials

Fantastic food, tastes like home - Edit

If you are looking for raw food in Toronto, this is the place, hands down. We had the raw tacos, and pasta dish, both were amazing, and tasted like I prepared them myself. Very clean, strong flavors, with fantastic drinks also. A bit outside the city, but well worth it if you are seeking truly raw food.

Pros: Fantastic Raw Offerings

Excellent raw food - Edit

I was very impressed with the presentation and flavors here. The spring rolls were yummy and I even ate the remaining dip straight as it was so good. The smoothie was a little watery, but still quite good.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice presenations

Wonderful Experience - Edit

I have eaten at Rawlicious on Bloor and Yonge two times now and both experiences were wonderful. The atmosphere is beautiful, service is friendly and helful with selections all this with fantastic food. Wonderful introduction to raw food for myself and I will definitely be frequenting this restaurant again and again. p.s. The raw cheesecake is absolutely one of the best deserts that I have ever eaten in my life............ Debbie, Goderich

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly and helpful service, Fantastic food and best cheeseckae ever

Cons: I need to know how to make the cheesecak

Simply amazing - Edit

Thw rawich with "eggnog" smoothie and superfood cookie is a meal I will never forget! This place is doing it right for sure. YUM!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Organic

Cons: Expensive

Nice raw food - Edit

This is where I first tried raw food. It was a lovely introduction. However, I find their mains a bit heavy. Love their guac onion sandwich, though. Their smoothies are all really good and their raw cheesecakes are to-die for. Ambiance at the location in the Junction is more low-key. The room in the back, where you sit on the pillows, is fabulous.

Pretty place! - Edit

The food you get there is really fresh and nice to try. We had the lettuce wraps with salad, and raw pastas. The smoothies had nice descriptions and looked yummy, but were a bit bland ( maybe that was just a bad day ) and the desserts were amazing. We had a moka pie, and raw vanilla ice cream with cocoa nibs. What i liked the most about this place is how cute it looks. Paintings, pretty chairs, and a really nice outside garden in the backyard. Also, the service was more than friendly. The girl gave us a warm welcome, helped us with our choices and was quick to check if everything was ok. I would love to go back to try more dishes, enjoy their desserts again, and give another chance to the smoothies!

Full of Love - Edit

When my partner and I came here for a late lunch, I experienced no less than 5 visual and aural references to love in less than 60 seconds. Love overload.

Segueing lamely, The food was taste overload. We had the spring rolls, the special pasta, and the daily (weekly?) special, which was a kind of cashew cheese, mushroom and tomato layered lasagna-type dish with a salad.

All were gorgeous. The rolls were chilled, fresh, and served with a creamy, thousand island dressing tasting dip. The special pasta came with buckwheat neatballs, spiralized zucchini and a ton of bolognese sauce. I miss it already. The daily special was delightful, too, but you'll probably never experience it, so I won't describe it, except to say that they clearly have an adventurous chef.

We had macaroons and sprouted cookies for desert, and were stuffed and spoiled by the end.

Clean place with lots of personality, reasonable prices.

Can't wait to go back!

Pros: fresh, clean, friendly

Cons: one tiny washroom RIGHT by the tables

Best dining experience thus far! - Edit

Delicious food and even yummier gentleman who served me last week. The mushroom lasagna was flavourful and hearty, and the mint chocolate icecream was creamy and smooth. Ambience is incredible, with a Dido soundtrack setting the mood in this cozy space. Everything about this experience is amazing, i'll be a returning customer for the food, and atmosphere: nice on the palate and easy on the eyes! ;-)

wonderful desserts - Edit

This is a small friendly place. We went early one weekday evening, and had 3 entrees between the three of us. We had the Special Pasta Bolognese for $12, and 2 pizzas for $9 each (I'll upload photos above). The food was tasty (a little salty for some) and we found the portions plenty. We took away some desserts to sample and they were delicious, and in fact, stood out much more than the entrees- so I'd definitely recommend leaving room for a dessert or taking one for later! Very expensive so good for a special occasion or if you want to try out raw food.

Pros: friendly

Cons: expensive

wonderful - Edit

I've eat a numerous things here and all of it was good, and a good chunk of it was simply amazing. They have the best pizza in the city. And I am comparing it to great baked pizza too. It's just draw droppingly good. Their drinks, while a little expensive, are extremely tasty too. They didn't even give me trouble when I told them I was allergic to bananas.
The ice creem I had there the other day - Vanilla Cardamom - it's a top 5 out of all the ice creem in my life. SUPER flavorful and creamy. I just moved closer - I'm a happy gal :)

Pros: nice space, amazing food , desserts!

Cons: expensive (but not expensive for raw) , a little out of the way

RAWLICIOUS...zen garden of yummy eats. - Edit

rawlicious is one of those places that blows you away the first time you eat there. the patio is like a garden of zen...i find myself craving not only their simple raw foods, but the serene environment they have shaped. on my last visit one of the owners (?) was peacefully out back painting a large canvas, music softly playing and a water feature gently trickling in the corner. if you haven't yet visited rawlicious, i urge you to do so during the summer months to soak in their blissful back patio. food is great, desserts are to die for and the servers are sweet.

BTW- anyone interested in FREE VEGAN CUPCAKES should come on down to my show right across from HIBISCUS on Augusta Ave. this Friday July 17th, 2009. We will be there with a slew of homemade vegan treats...for vegans and non vegans alike, it's your chance to taste how treat like animal product free goodies can be!

xo jenny
THE VICIOUS GUNS

Pros: Beautiful Setting, Great Desserts, Friendly Service

Cons: Slightly out of the way

unforgettable ! - Edit

One of the best raw restaurant. It could finally convince you to become a raw foodist. All the meal was so delicious, since the smooties until the dessert. Go over there, you could not have regrets of that.

Pros: open kitchen, amazing staff, decoration

Cons: so far of downtown...

super yummy! - Edit

a wonderful little restaurant i discovered last spring before leaving for a year abroad. i ate there 3 times, and thoroughly enjoyed my food each time. yummy zucchini pasta with marinara sauce, fantastic dips with raw crackers, really great fruit/nut cereal bowl and ridiculously delicious desserts, i am overseas still and think often of the raw strawberry ice cream. super friendly staff, and a really nice environment. even though it is not central, it is really worth visiting.

Pros: excellent food, unhurried service, interesting dishes

Cons: not all menu items always available

Great addition to Toronto's raw eatery scene - Edit

Causual eatery-cafe serves up great dishes at very reasonable prices. Really enjoyed the trio of dips. Rawich is one of my favourites. Zucchini pasta was a little bitter with the skin, but staff says it's not always so. The choco monkey smoothie was yum. Love the atmosphere, especially the back room!

Pros: friendly, relaxed, tasty

Check it out! - Edit

A small, but friendly cafe with a great feel to it! Staff are friendly and helpful. They have a juicebar, raw menu and an infrared sauna in the basement for those of you who want to spend a little more time there. Complete with shower! Enjoy an after sauna juice on your way home. I've been there a couple times and will be going back for sure!

Pros: Good food, spiritual, great desserts

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rawlicious closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 13367 times since Apr 2008.