CLOSED: Rawlicious - NYC

• Vegan

Contact 212-226-5200

249 Centre St (at Broome, in SoHo, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10013

Raw food vegan restaurant originating from Canada. Offers organic raw food, organic wine & beer. Seats 60. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, All Raw

First Review by BostonVegan

Outstanding - Edit

Exquisite cuisine, and very creative. Gives the famous Candle restaurants in NYC a run for the money, plus the raw twist (but you needn't be a raw foodist to go away satisfied). With a downtown vibe, but spacious. Attentive and enthusiastic staff as well.

beautiful space, good service - Edit

While walking around SoHo I got hungry and was craving a salad. I found this beautiful restaurant and couldn't resist to eat here. The place is very nicely decorated and it is very spacious. I ordered the Mexicali salad. Delicious! Thank goodness the portions are reasonable! It he staff is very friendly.

Pros: spacious, fresh, friendly

nothing special - Edit

I tryed the "famous" and recomanded raw pizza in those restaurant and I must tell that it is nothing special. In the NY exist a much better raw food restaurant with realy delicius pizza.
Servis was "plastic kindly"
I recived the bill without asking me if I wish a dessert.

one of the best restaurants I've been to - Edit

Love, love, loved this place! So healthy, so tasty, they do everything so perfectly. Excellent service, amazing food and very healthy. I cannot speak more highly of this place. More on the expensive side (for America, not for UK/Aus etc), but so totally worth it!

Pros: Yummy, Healthy, Excellent service

Get the Pizza - Edit

Everything is raw and vegan so I can have everything on the menu.
Love the pizza!
They have juice bar where the juice is pressed fresh (not prepackaged).
They offer desserts and smoothies as well.

I usually go during lunch time and can always get a table.

Pros: Never crowded during lunch, Filtered water, Friendly Staff

Cons: Nacho Platter is not really a platter

Good, yummy food and good service - Edit

Still not many customers it seems...
Was here twice for lunch before Christmas. Service is quick, food also quick for raw. Location relaxing and I wouldn't have minded to stay longer... Salad fresh, food also looks fresh (had the burrito, was good), no big portions but when you also want to have a slice of their awesome cheese cake for desert, this is good... also had the zucchini noodles which I also know from home and I did not like them much (but fresh and nothing really to complain).
For me, raw vegan restaurant are the best as there is no fake stuff and all you eat is healthy so, suitable for every day.
I hope they get more customers and stay in business...

Excellent new raw vegan restaurant in NYC - Edit

They are in soft opening (July 2012), so they haven't advertised yet. Serendipitously, I was in the area and it showed up on my Happy Cow iPhone app. There were not many people in there due to the soft opening, so it's hard to rate the service---I had the waitress to myself! Raw food, being slow food, took a bit to arrive but I was not in a hurry, and it's set up as a relaxed dining place, not a quick in and out.

The decor is very nice and upscale, like Pure Food and Wine.

I had a juice, the corn tacos, and a cinnamon bun. The tacos were very nicely done, with a flavorful and just-right spiciness in the walnut "black beans". The cinnamon bun, well, I just didn't want it to end :-)

I'm glad that all-vegan restaurants are creeping further south in Manhattan. I'll be back.

Pros: decor, staff, food

Cons: boring street view

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Rawlicious - NYC closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 681 times since Jul 2012.