First Review by Ghiribizzo

great food - Edit

heading through for a gig in the wild west i made a slight detour into the southside.
this was worth it!
a vegetarain indian aimed at the local sikh community. the food and atmosphere were really good, food like you cook yourself, not trying to be fancy for a restaurant. although vegetarian once you enquire they tell you what the options are, about 40% of the menu was vegan. the atmosphere is low key and has a nice vibe, very relaxed.
i had a thali which was great, two curries, rice, breads and pickles. chatting to the staff they seemed genuinely happy that i enjoyed and appreciated the feedback.
really worth the visit.

Pros: good value, staff, food

Lovely. - Edit

The food was gorgeous, I wanted it all! The service was great - I didn't think to say I didn't want butter on my chapatis, but the waiter must have saw it in my face because before he even put the plate down, he asked if I was vegan and made me another :) Lovely atmosphere too.

Local gem - Edit

We moved into the area a few months ago and had spotted this place and we finally got around to trying it out and are delighted that we did.

This a simple neighbourhood cafe type place and you can expect to share a table. The place is nicely decorated and we got a warm welcome from the staff.

My girlfriend is vegan and the waiter happily and knowledgeably explained what was vegan or could be made vegan. He told us as we were paying the bill that as a minimum at least one of the daal or curry of the day will be vegan.

The food is simple, spicy and utterly delicious. And going by the other clientele authentically Panjabi.

Thali! - Edit

Order the thali! The sides really compliment the main dishes making it a really delicious experience. Although vegetarian, they happily made a vegan one for me. And I enjoyed every bite!

5 not 4 star! - Edit

I can't offer 5 stars as at the moment as the listing says no more than 4 stars available if meat if served. They don't serve meat.
We first tried Ranjit's Kitchen based on the Herald on Sunday review by Joanna Blythman. Since then it's become an almost weekly visit to work our way round the Menu.
Great family service every time and the homemade sweets are great - apart from your weight perhaps!
There's a moderate wait for your food as it is all made to order and there may be some take-out orders in progress.
Plenty parking in nearby streets or get the train to Queen's Park and the walk is only 3 minutes.

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ranjit's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2062 times.