Rani's World Foods Kitchen

Contact 281-440-8080

16711 Hollister St, Houston, Texas, USA, 77066

Restaurant inside a large Indian grocery store. Offers complimentary chai tea, free Wi-Fi. Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Vegan Vagabond

All Vegetarian Indian deliciousness - Edit

This is a small cafe inside of an Indian grocery. They have free wifi and chai tea (not vegan), with Bollywood videos playing on two flat screens. There are about a dozen tables, with plenty of seating. The menu is all vegetarian, with many vegan options, but none of the vegan items are indicated. When I was here owner Anew (sp?) was working and she diligently reviewed all of the vegan items on her menu. There were a couple of items that she had to check on, which tells me that she does not get many vegans. We vegans need to frequent this place. It's very good and the people are very nice. My only concern is that, if Anew isn't here when you come, her staff may not understand vegan. I did suggest that she mark the vegan items. Hopefully she will.

The food I had was very good. It was fresh and flavorful. I ordered methi paratha, aloo paratha, samosa chat (incredible) and a small side of Chana masala. $10!!!!

Pros: Cheap!! , tasty

Cons: Remote

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rani's World Foods Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2489 times since Jul 2011.