Rancho Relaxo To Go

Contact 416-920-0366

1635 Dupont St (at Junction Triangle), Toronto, Ontario, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Prior to Aug 2015 it operated a restaurant & bar at 300 College St (now shut). Moved and re-opened here Dec 2015 as primarily to-go / fast food concept. Menu has a fried cauliflower taco with avocado crema and pico de gallo, a portobello or veggie quesadilla, and a build-your-own burrito option. Has seating. Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Ken4057

Yum! - Edit

So incredible to sit down in a Mexican joint and pretty much order whatever you like (not all dishes are vegan, but the selection is great). The main dishes were huge and came with a side of rice, beans and salad. The fried icecream was HUGE and was more than my husband and I could finish. A vegan dream...

Pros: vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, cactus and tequilla dish

Busy but relaxed - Edit

I took my girlfriend here in November. We went on a VERY busy night, and as such I found the service unfortunately rather slow, but the place was utterly packed. The price was reasonable, and I wish I had mentioned my needs because I would have liked a larger option set on the vegan menu. I don't remember if the menu specifically mentioned they could veganify the meals but I don't think so.

I also found I didn't enjoy the ambiance very much. Some restaurants seem to amplify noise and this is one of them. We had to talk very loudly to hear each other and I don't feel the crowd was being overly noisy, the walls just seemed to reflect the sound back on us.

None the less, we had a very hearty meal, with apps, and I would gladly go back again, just maybe not on a Friday night when it's likely to be crowded. The complementary nachos and salsa to start really helped the long wait too.

Pros: Tasty, Vegan

Cons: Slow, LOUD

Tasty mexican with all the vegan trimmings - Edit

I was thrilled when I realized they served vegan sour creme and cheese in their enchiladas. The waitress was super friendly and informative about veganizing most of what is in the menu. I will definatly be back again.

Pros: authentic, good portions, vegan sour creme

Heavy Soy Dependence and Not Quite Authentic - Edit

Finding authentic Mexican food in Toronto is very difficult, but Rancho Relaxo gives it a good try. They have about 4 vegan entrees listed, but the staff is quick to inform you that anything on the menu can be made "vegan style" for just a little bit extra. Portions are satisfying and the food is tasty, but the heavy dependence on soy means you may be feeling the gastric pain later on.

Pros: reasonably priced, adequate portions, good decor

Cons: too much soy

Great vegan offerings - Edit

I've enjoyed my meals at Rancho Relaxo. Great vegan mexican options with all the trimmings and decent portions. I hope they continue to expand the vegan menu though as it is quite small relative to their meat items.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Not fully vegetarian/vegan

Fried Vegan Ice Cream - Edit

Need I say more? Yum in the tum.

The entrees weren't so impressive. Smallish portions and not very exciting. Superior spicy vegan fare can be found just down the street at Sneaky Dee's, which also has delish vegan cupcakes sometimes, and the chef is a vegan, too.

Pros: vegan friend ice cream

Cons: pretty boring fare, chilly in the fall/winter

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rancho Relaxo To Go closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1327 times since Oct 2009.