Raging Burrito

Contact 404-377-3311

141 Sycamore St (at Church & Ponce de Leon), Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30030

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a barbeque tofu burrito & a few other vegetarian choices. Outdoor patio area. Location a bit difficult to find.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Chris M.

good - Edit

Lots of vegan options. Tofu and mushrooms as protein. I got tacos and they were delicious and atmosphere is really fun and casual. They also have some amazing specialty burritos. Everything is fully customizable.

Many vegan options, quality ingredients - Edit

My favorite casual downtown Decatur restaurant. A multitude of vegan options, even before you get to the build-your-own burritos (you choose, they make in the kitchen). Just tell them to leave off cheese and sour cream if the dish has it. I highly recommend the taco plate (choose from a list that includes two vegan options and a fish option, as well as meat), choose-your-own-ingredients Raging Monster Burrito (remembering to tell them to leave out the cheese and sour cream) or, for a lighter meal, the Frisco taco salad with veggie chili. The also have a Thai salad I enjoy now and then. Eat on the patio in back in nice weather.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 06, 2015

Pros: Staff helpful and friendly., Fresh, high-quality ingredients, practically next door to MARTA station

delicious fat burritos - Edit

Can't say enough good things about this place. Service is top notch, super friendly and knowledgable. They always make us feel at home (we're ravenous regulars). Speaking from experience, the food (having eaten almost everything on the menu) is excellent. My favorites: pineapple salsa, fire-roasted salsa, guacamole, Thai salad, fajita burrito, and chipotle BBQ burrito. My husband enjoys the chimi, pineapple jerk burrito, and tacos. My son always orders the raging monster. I'm not a huge fan of tofu but their marinated tofu is delicious!

Pros: tofu, Thai salad, craft beer selection

Delicious Variety - Edit

Full Disclosure: I worked at Raging Burrito for 3 years, just wanted to be up-front with that information.

Almost everything at the raging burrito is vegetarian until you specifically choose meat (notable exceptions: The Shredded Beef, Cubed Chicken, Shredded Chicken, and Steak Tacos). Any dish besides Nachos can be made without cheese or sour cream (well, technically I did have customers get nachos without cheese, but I think you're better off with a burrito or tacos).
The vegetarian chili is amazing, I used to eat it 3-4 times a week, and still get it when I go in for lunch/dinner. (Yes, I worked there for 3 years and still go back and eat once every 2-3 weeks). The atmosphere is great, the burritos are huge, and there are a ton of veggie choices to go in your burrito. The fajita tacos are awesome too. Note that chips & salsa are not free except during M-Th lunch hours, and the free salsa rotates. That's just how the tortilla chip crumbles I guess. I definitely recommend going if you're in downtown Decatur and miss Tortillas (old burrito establishment downtown). I think the burritos are better than El Myr's, but as I've said, I may be biased.

Pros: Vegan, Fast, Big

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Raging Burrito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1340 times since Aug 2007.