Prohibition

843-793-2964

547 King St, Charleston, South Carolina, USA, 29403

Serves meat, vegan options available. Good place as there are no vegan or vegetarian restaurants nearby (as of Sept 2016). Menu changes all the time but there's usually a few dishes that are vegan or can be made vegan. Offers a selection of cocktails, wines and beers. The staff is helpful in veganizing menu items. Most of the side veggies are vegan so the chef can prepare a custom-made dish for you. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Thu 4:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by voivoed

Didn't disappoint - Edit

My wife has been there a number of times when visiting Charleston for work, and I finally went there yesterday with her to meet up with friends. The waitress asked us to confirm what we meant by "vegan" (I guess people say they're vegan but then order fish or something, who knows), she was very attentive, helpful and very knowledgeable about what the kitchen could do.

After she talked with the chef, she told us they could either modify an existing dish or come up with something different. We went with the second option and let the chef decide... We were not disappointed, the food was delicious.

Charleston has very few vegan places so Prohibition is definitely a good option, especially if you like cocktails.

Pros: Attentive and knowledgeable staff and chef, Great ambiance and drinks, Chef will create a vegan dish on the spot!

Cons: Not a vegan restaurant

Return to Charleston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prohibition closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.