Prayai

Big Buddha market place, Koh Samui, Thailand

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small restaurant amongst the shops next to the Big Buddha. Some seats over look the sea. Vegetarian Thai food available.

Categories: Thai, Non-veg

First Review by EcoWarrior

we really enjoyed this stop - Edit

Ended up here prior to visiting the Buddha. Please note that the google map location is way off for this place. The restaurant is at the base of the Buddha not down in town as google reflects. I had the tofu sandwich without sauce, I believe the sauce may have been vegan but I was unable to confirm (ketchup/mayo). Wife had the pad Thai. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The kids got sandwiches (non-vegan) they were sea sick from the ferry ride and just ended up sleeping through lunch. More options than I expected. The price was on the higher side but the quality was excellent. Owner/Chief was polite and patient given our grumpy kids. The seating area is over the water and this made for a nice breeze. This is about an 11 minute walk from the pier.

Pros: location near landmark, good food, excellent service

Cons: seating isn’t abundantly visible at store front

Ok if you are visiting Big Buddha - Edit

If you are hungry while visiting that Samui's attraction, you can give that place a chance and choose between the many vegan dishes ("many" for a non-veg restaurant).
I had a pad thai which wasn't great, and the waitress, rather unfriendly, was "hopefully" in a bad day.

I don't like to review negatively small places that don't seem to swim in gold, but I must admit I was a bit disappointed.

I give it 3 stars for the variety of vegan dishes, though.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-22

Pros: Many vegan options in a non-veg place

Cons: Not expensive, but still little value for money, (Not especially cheap either), Nothing positively outstanding, except the sea vie

Return to Koh Samui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Prayai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.