PPURI - 뿌리온더플레이트

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
070-41338126

Bell Jongno-gu 154-18, Seoul, South Korea,

Small dessert and drinks cafe near Hyehwa station. Serves vegan baked goods like brown rice cakes, and drinks like grain coffee and black tea. Owner speaks English and offers cooking classes. Open Thu-Sun 1:00pm-8:00pm.

First Review by Clam

Great , cozy place - Edit

I went here once last year with the Seoul Veggie club. It was amazing. I had the spring plate and it was delicious. I also got a rooibos muffin and it was quite tasty. I plan to go back someday but it is a bit far from where I live in south Seoul.

Pros: Great food, Great service

Cons: Need to make reservations for a meal, Tricky to find location

Nice atmosphere! Tasty cakes! - Edit

Went there the other day with my friend.
I tried the grain coffe (caffeine free) and the chocolate cake, and it was delicious. We were worried thinking that we might be hungry, as we had almost no lunch, but actually it was really filling.
The price is good (you won't pay much more than what you pay in Starbucks for a coffe + a cake), and it's really healty stuff! :) Probably that is what I like the most, they use organic and really healthy ingredients.
Also the owners were really nice and were concerned to know if we liked the cakes or not. Also they told us if we want to eat meals we have to make reservation and how to check the meals they offer. That's not really a contra, but it would be awesome if in the future their business gets bigger and they can offer meals without reservation :).
The local is pretty small, but cozzy. The only problem is that we had some problems to find the place haha, we are not good at the directions thing.

Pros: Tasty cakes, Healthy food, Kind owners, cozzy place

Cons: Too small place, Need to make reservation for the meals~

Great cakes and tea! - Edit

I tried the cold quince tea and it was marvelous. Their cakes never disappoint - always moist and tasty! Cake price is about 7.5-8K. Do try them if the price is within your range, and you won't get disappointed!

I also tried the muffins, but I must say the cakes are definitely my favorite.

They also offer meals, but those are priced around 20K and you have to make a reservation at least a day in advance. They actually made an exception for me, and allowed me to have the meal later on the same day. The food was delicious, of course. It was a lasagna of some sort, with salad and pickled stuff on the side. The meal was nice and the fact they use organic ingredients much appreciated.

Finding the place was a bit of a challenge for me, but I found it once, I figured out how to get there the fastest. It is easiest to follow the street from Changgyeounggung-ro, so if you can't find it from the Hyehwa exit indicated, try going around. The place is really convenient to visit if you are coming from the Changgyeounggung palace!

Pros: Amazing cakes!, Great tea!, Organic ingredients

Cons: A bit hard to find from the subway stop

Small cafe with nice atmosphere - Edit

The cafe is small, offering only a few cakes at a time but has quite a nice, relaxing atmosphere. Being gluten and sugar free, you can have you're cake and eat it - as many times as you want!

I had a carrot pound cake, and a caffeine free grain coffee whilst my friend had a freshly made blueberry-ade with real berries. It is a little bit expensive, at around 7500 won for a slice of cake - but this is justifiable considering it is organic and sugar/gluten free. I plan to come back again for sure!

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Healthy cakes

Cons: Small selection of food, A tad pricey

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has PPURI - 뿌리온더플레이트 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.