First Review by Vegtravel4

great kombucha! wish I'd known they had food! - Edit

This was a great little spot on Kauai! So glad I sought it out based on its review already on here. The service was amazing and the kombucha was top notch! I truly believe the Ginger one helped me get over a full day of hiking Waimea Canyon! I limped in and felt great going out!

Pros: kombucha, service, vibe

Cons: closed at 9 (like everything on Kauai)

Top-notch kombucha from the heart - Edit

I randomly spotted this place while driving down Kuhio Hwy. As big kombucha lovers, we knew we had to stop in! Here's a few reasons why this was one of our favorite stops on the whole island.

First off, the flavors. When we were there, he had Chocolate Monkey, Ginger Ginseng, Kauai Fruit Cocktail, and Dandelion & Burdock. All were delicious but the chocolate and ginger were our favorites. Chocolate kombucha... so rare and wonderful!

Second, the price. $4 for a freshly made pint of kombucha? Such an amazing deal. Everything on Kauai is so expensive, and to have freshly made kombucha on the island that was even cheaper than what we get in LA.

Third, Gadhai, the owner and brewer of the delicious kombuchas, is a pleasure to talk to. He sat down with us and had some kombucha himself, and we talked about veganism, hare krishna, and the island of Kauai. He's super funny and personable, and his wife owns the Gopals Creperie joint down the street (vegan-friendly and all vegetarian creperie). Gadhai is from England so it was fun to talk about that, too.

They don't have any food there, but all the kombucha is fully vegan, and the place next door has vegan-friendly options for Indian food. If you're vegan or simply health-conscious in Kauai, definitely check this place out!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Inexpensive

Return to Kapaa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Potions Kombucha Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1483 times since Apr 2015.