Pizzeria Amore

Contact +4621148280

Smedjegatan 2, Vasteras, Sweden, 722 13

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizzeria offering a large, separate, fully-vegan menu. Note that the vegan menu prices cost more than the regular menu items. Also offers falafel and has a falafel pizza. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by RisingForce

Not many of these Pizza Places in Sweden - Edit

Great Pizza Place in general, but also one of the few with a large Vegan Menu (about 15 different vegan pizzas with vegan cheese, and some with uncommon ingredients for sweden such as soy meat). Attracts visitors from a larger area, including Stockholm (which is a good review since Västerås is bit off...). Friendly staff. Only con is that they charge a bit extra for the Vegan Menu than you would expect for Pizzas.

Great pizza at a great price - Edit

I saw the earlier review of this restaurant and decided to try it on our way through Västerås. They were no longer serving the falafel pizza, but as they are working out a new vegan menu (!) they made me a vegan pizza with a number of vegan toppings on it (cheese, mince, salami, and ham), and the friendly staff were very happy to discuss their future vegan menu plans and my views on the different toppings. The crust was lovely - just like a normal Swedish pizza. The salad bar (with olives, pepper, red sauce, pineapple, etc) was very good and fresh and included in the very reasonable price. Also, the location was good, near the town centre, with nearby parking available.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Pros: Tasty food, with salad bar included, Friendly owners, Good price

Nice experience - Edit

I found this place on HappyCow and was keen to try their falafel pizza. Before I did I made sure that all of the ingredients were vegan. They must have spent 10 minutes going over every single ingredient with me and they never lost their temper. The pizza was as yummy as different. Not only did they put falafel on top of it, but then they sprinkled it generously with shredded lettuce! And the combination did work! The only downside was that it was very thin and crispy and the knife was absolutely useless, so I had to tear it in the end and the lettuce kept falling off. I took ages finishing it and the time I did it was cold. I could have had a free salad with it (made of cabbage) but I didn't as I wasn't absolutely certain about the wine vinegar in it.

Pros: Patient staff, Good value for money, Free icy water

Cons: Pizza too hard and crispy

2 Responses

ombah 28 Jul 2012 - Why wouldn't wine vinegar be vegan?

RisingForce 29 Jul 2012 - Because it's made from wine and wine is often non-vegan, sometimes even non-vegetarian, depending on what is used in the fining process. This site gives a good overview: http://www.bcawa.ca/winemaking/fining.htm

Return to Vasteras Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizzeria Amore closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.