Pizzaveg - Tuen Mun

Contact +852-34880072

Shop 7D, G/F, Kim Po Building, 5 Tsing Min Path, Tseng Choi St, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong, China,

常嚐素, 屯門井財街青棉徑5號金寶大廈地下7D號舖, makes veggie pizza. Vegan rice cheese is available upon request. Siu Hong mtr exit A. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

Pizza Veg, Hong Kong - Edit

Updated from previous review on Sunday December 14, 2014

I took the trip up to Tuen Mun today for the prospect of an all vego pizza with vegan cheese.

I ordered the biggest of the the 2 sizes they do which was billed as being I think 108 bucks. There's a surcharge for the vegan cheese depending on the size of pizza ordered. In this case it was 24 HKD.

There was no choice ordered between deep pan and thin crust (it's deep pan or nothing which I am told is pretty much the norm in HK but I've no idea of that myself).

It could be argued that the extra charge for the vegan cheese is to cover the cost of a more expensive ingredient. It was with some irony it that the pizza was pretty sparsely populated with cheese. The cheese didn't cover the vegetables in the topping. The cheese was placed in between the vegetables in the topping. Certainly there wasn't enough cheese added that made me think that the extra charge for the vegan cheese was just to cover the additional cost. I am struggling not to perceive the extra charge for vegan for such a small amount of vegan cheese as some pretty blatant profiteering from my choice to be vegan. I am of course more than happy to be corrected on that.

While they do have a some seats for eating in, if you imagine any other take away pizza place, make it all vegetarian then give it the HK treatment with the mock meats, this is what you get. The volume of the tv was a bit louder than I personally would have preferred but that is just my opinion. There was also music pumping out of someone's music machine in the kitchen. Depending on your taste in music..... some guy singing cheesy love songs.

Its an underwhelming pizza of rather than having a memorable taste, I am left with the after taste of feeling ripped off for choosing vegan cheese. This is a real shame as I'd like to be more constructive about this place. Until the management sort this out and focus on delivering a quality pizza then I can't endorse this establishment.

Pros: Vegan friendly

Cons: Surcharge for vegan cheese, Sparse use of cheese, Too much from the tv and music machines

Return to New Territories Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pizzaveg - Tuen Mun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 755 times since Oct 2014.