Pettirosso

Contact 206-324-2233

1101 E Pike St, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98122

Serves meat, vegan options available. American style cuisine with pastry case, espresso bar, full bar, and restaurant. Many menu items are vegetarian; vegan and gluten-free ones are marked. Weekend brunch also has vegan options. Accepts order for vegan wedding cakes. Open Mon 12:00am-2:00am, Mon 8:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Sun 8:00am-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by cwarrick1

this place is OK - Edit

I like places that are veg* friendly, so I decided to check this one out.

I got Shawn's Vegan Mac. First impression was amazing, it smells great and tastes delicious. Yummy! But after just a small couple of spoonfuls (like two, really) it was a little bit too much... too much of salt mostly. And too little salad (4-5 small leaves of cabbage in some olive oil dressing - I wouldn't even mention that on the menu if I was them but well, they do).

If your are veg[etari]an for reasons related to health, I'd be careful with this dish, it didn't look healthy at all - all these processed carbs and salt... I'm not a dietitian though...

Staff. Hm, I've been there twice, I guess they are OKish.

The place. Well, again, it's just OK (yes, the word "OK" is a sponsor of this episode). I wouldn't choose this place for a fancy date. Regular dinner is fine.

Disclaimers:
1. I never had a regular mac and cheese, maybe this recipe is designed to resemble the regular, non-vegan mac and cheese dish as closely as possible while still being vegan and I'm just simply missing the point. Dunno! Cannot tell. I just described my experience.
2. I use very little salt when eating at home (and I rarely eat out), so I'm quite sensitive to salt, you, on the other hand, might really enjoy the salty taste of this dish.
3. My whole review is based on one single dish.

Pros: it (the dish) tastes great at first, the staff is OK, there's beer!

Cons: doesn't taste that good after a couple of spoonful, the staff has room for improvement

Really good mac and cheese! - Edit

I popped in here for lunch with my in-laws on our way through Seattle and was pleasantly surprised! Everyone ordered the brisket sandwich and loved it and I got the vegan Mac and cheese. It looked like the only vegan option on the menu, but that's okay because it was amazingly rich and cheesy and the side salad it came with was refreshing. 4 stars because of lack of options.

Great Ambience - Edit

My mother and I were walking around on capitol hill looking for a Cafe because the one we had come to eat at was closed!(due to a power failure) We ran-across this cafe and went-in on a whim, we loved it. The staff greeted us enthusiastically and checked on us often without hanging around and making us feel awkward (I always have a full mouth when servers stop-by and feel mortified), and the food was lovely.
My only complaint was that it wasn't the weekend, I wanted to try the biscuits and gravy! Instead, I got the scrambled tofu with coconut curry which was very good. They use a soft tofu with a Thai curry sauce, so it was unique to me in terms of scrambled tofu, I'm used to a bit firmer of a scramble and not having it be so saucy. Still, very good.
My mother (who eats meat, dairy, eggs, etc. but refuses to let me call her an "everything eater") got the omelet and absolutely loved it. For those who are wondering, they do contain eggs, they just don't say it on the menu (she checked this with the server and we all had a little laugh about it.) So, based on her recommendation, their vegetarian breakfasts are excellent, too.

Pros: Very friendly staff, Not too expensive, Tempting Pastry Bar

I love it here - Edit

I love Shawn's Vegan Mac and Cheese. I get this every time I go here. My ideal scenario is to go here with another vegan and share a mac (or 2) and get another dish. They serve it during breakfast, brunch and dinner.
Vegan brunch here is good too. I like the biscuits and gravy, but find the tofu scramble bland and soupy. They have several vegan pastries. My only real criticism is that they haven't had any vegan desserts when I've been. Get on it Pettirosso!

Pros: Shawn's Vegan Mac and Cheese, Brunch, Pastries

Cons: No Vegan Dessert

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pettirosso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.