Pete's Gluten Free Eatery and Espresso Bar

Contact 902-425-5700

1515 Dresden Row (at Spring Garden Rd), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J 4B1

Serves meat, vegan options available. A gluten-free vegan-friendly eatery inside Pete's Frootique grocery store, which also houses a juice bar and offers take-out. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by camnini

Can't Believe it's Gluten Free! - Edit

Another place I had wanted to try out ever since I moved here almost 3 years ago.

Honestly, I was a bit scared since there stuff is not marked whether it is vegan or not. However, if you asked the staff they are super knowledgeable on what is and what isn't. There soups are normally vegan and they offer a salad wrap that is vegan. On top of that they offer a soy and almond milk for drinks, as well as having a bottle of agave for sweetening next to the cash area. They have lots of baked goods as well, many of which are vegan. Cupcakes and muffins are vegan if they have a brown wrapper, white means not vegan. The nanaimo squares and a brownie with peanut butter frosting is also vegan. They also have date balls and chocolate bark that is vegan. And also carry O'Dell's oatcakes that are vegan.

I had a soup and wrap today and it was extremely tasty and my friend bought me a cupcake and seriously, I can't believe it's gluten free! Simply amazing!!

Great service and lots of options. Definitely a new favourite spot.

Pros: Lots of vegan items, Good price , Good service

Cons: Wish vegan items were marked better,

Pleasant surprise - Edit

Pete's Gluten Free Eatery and Espresso Bar is inside the large, natural foods grocery, Pete's Frootique. Our youngest daughter, who has celiac disease, was VERY pleasantly surprised to have cheesecake with fruit along with her coffee. My husband and I, who are not gluten-free, enjoyed our breakfasts as well.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 30, 2014

Pros: Separate gluten-free eatery, Delicious food

Cons: Small size

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pete's Gluten Free Eatery and Espresso Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 761 times since Aug 2012.