Peperonata Pasta & Empanadas

• Other Other
941-870-2729

4141 S Tamiami Trail Ste 13, Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34231

Family-run business making pasta daily. Located in Chilli's Plaza. Not all veg, but has vegan choices including tomato focaccia bread, kale farro salad, pumpkin soup, plain & spinach cavatelli pastas. Dried and fresh pasta are available. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-6:00pm, Sat 11:00am-2:00pm.

First Review by pm011

Artisan Empanadas and Pasta - Edit

This is an Italian-Argentinian owner pasta and empanada place. I haven't had empanadas before since eating a vegan diet, and this was my first time eating here. They have a storefront with all their products, and a regular booth at the Sarasota Farmers Market every Saturday. The food quality is gourmet. It can't get any better than this. I had their roasted vegetable and humita empanada two days in a row. Friday at their store and Saturday at their booth in the market. No complaints here, but I do like my red sauces. The empanadas don't come with it, but the nice lady at the storefront said they just wouldn't be Argentinian if they did. My first purchase from this business was their tomato Foccacia from the farmers market. I just happened to see it in passing. I've been looking for just this kind of foccacia too and no one else in Sarasota makes it. It's what is called a pugliese foccacia, and its vegan. I love it and make a nice creamy vegan pesto with it. I have to try their fresh penne and other pasta that labeled vegan. No idea about their sauces though. They are aware of the vegan diet having labels on a few items. I will see if they will put the same on all their other vegan products.

Pros: High quality gourmet food products and friendly se, Authentic specialty international food., Very reasonably priced too.

Cons: All products are made in store with possible cross

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Peperonata Pasta & Empanadas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.