Pele-Mele

Contact +49-3036467523

Innstrasse 26, Berlin, Germany, 12043

Vegan food cafe. Offers brunch on Sunday with selection of salad, soup, bread, cake, coffee, and tea. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Bakery, European, German

First Review by proper or pompous?

lovely cozy place - Edit

A really sweet cafè serving awesome cakes and a wide range of savoury dishes. Everything is home made and organic as well... loved their bagel ( you can create your own) and enjoyed their changing and very creative soups! Ah and the coffee is awesome as well!
Worth checking out!

Pros: delicious self made organic food, cozy and very welcoming atmosphere, sweet and savoury

Favourite brunch in all of Berlin - Edit

I went there in 2014, having tried the brunches from veganz, cafe morgenrot, kopps, and another - and this one is my favourite - we there a total of twice. I was in Berlin again in 2016, but unfortunately did not get to come back. Next time!

Pros: Great food, Good price, Cosy atmosphere

Cons: Far away

not cheap but worth it - Edit

Gentrification has never tasted that good.
We had breakfast, homemade lemonade and cake for a bit over 30€ for 2 people.
The staff is super friendly. When we were there, it was very quiet and a pleasure to sit outside.
The food was very tasty and freshly made.

Pros: all vegan, partly fair trade, friendly staff, calm atmosphere

Cons: not wheelchair accessible, every little extra costs extra e.g haver/almond mi

Good - Edit

The cafe is cozy and the staff is attentive and polite - even though the waitress forgot one of our orders. They have gluten free options and explain which items can be replaced by gluten free items. The sandwiches were good, but portions were tiny and quite pricey. I'd recommend going if you're close by, especially if gluten is a concern for you - but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

Pele-mele brunch buffet - Edit

Very nice place! The food was very tasty. We had a green juice, coffee en sunday buffet. It all tasted so great. Great vegan yoghurt in three different flavours. Bread and a lot of toppings. Coffee was very nice, juice was ok.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-24

Pros: Very tasty

Cons: Little bit pricy but doable

Cozy place with good food - Edit

I think my boyfriend and I spent a few hours at Pele-Mele the other day as we were waiting for someone, so we had a chance to try a few dishes and drinks :) All was good and on a healthy-ish side. As it's pretty hard to find decent places for lunch during the week days, I'm pretty sure we will be back during our next trip!

Pros: Friendly stuff, Cozy and tidy, Nice menu

Berlins' best kept secret? - Edit

Had sunday brunch buffet.
Not exactly the first place you'd go, as it's not exactly in the city center but what a pleasant surprise! Many options (almost too many), all very tasty, well prepared and nicely presented.
Good atmosphere too.

Pros: great coffee, many options, good atmosphere

Cons: not very cheap

Contributions +16

Great!! - Edit

The BBQ burger was so good and the cake with hazelnuts and peanuts and chocolate was delicious! When I am back in Berlin, I am going to visit this place again! Cozy atmosphere with a very friendly owner! I recommend this place.

Pros: cozy, nice atmosphere, nice owner

Mediocre - Edit

I came for lunch and was underwhelmed - good coffee, an average sandwich that was small for the price, and a cake that was too sweet with a hard-to-chew caramel. I returned for the brunch which was mediocre, I could make it better at home, at 13.50 with no coffee, way overpriced. If you're looking for a spot to work then this place is fine, but don't expect anything interesting

relaxing ambience - Edit

Very nice café with tranquil atmosphere. The food was very good! Go for the quiche with a side of salad, it's delicious and filling. The orange, carrot and ginger juice is very refreshing and it's served in a pretty wine glass (:

Pros: quiche and juice, interior , music

Nice breakfast spot - Edit

I went to Pele Mele for breakfast one weekday morning when it was very quiet. The breakfast was good - I had the Mediterranean one, which came with a kind of tofu/tomato Caprese salad, some nicely flavoured tofu, various salady bits and lots of bread (actually too much bread, to be honest, I couldn't eat it all). It was a very substantial breakfast, so it was worth the money. The food was really nice. The hot drinks came with a little biscotti on the side, and the cakes looked pretty tempting too.

Brunch very disappointing - Edit

I went there once, I won't go twice. On a sunday with my boyfriend, it was FULL of kids, SO annoying!! there were so loud and the parents did not care.
About the food: Well paying 10€ for 2 dishes, one spread (I even doubt it was homemade) was not pleasant. Even if it was an all you can eat, well you ate pretty everything they had on one plate
I found the brunch very poor compared to all the brunch I have tested in Berlin, no research in the dishes at all.
Quite the "fancy Neuköllner Vegan Place" but that's all.
I had a look at the cake but.. I didn't go for it, wasn't appealing at all. Sorry

Pros: really loud, poor buffet

Cons: new place that can improve, nice coffee

Nice café - Edit

Cute place in Neukölln, where everything is vegan. We had a couple capuccini, one piece of some sort of chocolate cake and a chocolate chip cookie. Everything was tasty (especially the cake!).
I'd definitely recommend this place if you are around the area.

Pros: Vegan cakes, Reasonable price

Worth several visits! - Edit

What a nice spot! Incredibly tasty shakes (lassis, rather. I had the banana-coconut shake with cinnamon *mmmjummy*), a very tasty potato-herb soup, an outstanding ciabatta-tomato-tofu sandwich with pesto and gluten-free cake to write home about. Plus extremely friendly owners, a child-friendly atmosphere with toys plus a nappy-changing table (which is still not very common in Germany..). All organic and fair trade if possible. This could become my new favourite café in Berlin.

Oh, and there is a vegan brunch every first Sunday of the month. Will try this out soon.

Pros: All vegan, Child-friendly, Everything else

fresh! - Edit

i've had the opportunity to try a few things at pele-mele. the smoked tofu sandwich was packed full of fresh vegetables, flavored tofu, and two different spreads/sauces. very tasty. the sweet potato and pumpkin soup came in a rather large bowl, and was quite good. i had a piece of cake that was delicious, and took home a slice of spinach and onion quiche (heavy on the onion, which i happen to like). all the options seemed reasonably priced, and the person i interacted with has helpful & friendly.

location wise, it's close to both dr.pogo (vegan grocery) and cafe vux.

i unfortunately only have a couple of days left in berlin, but i hope to go back to pele-mele before i leave.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 19, 2013

Pros: good food, friendly staff, good location

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pele-Mele closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.