Pause Bobun

01-43-36-34-13

3 rue Buffon, Paris, France, 75005

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese placed opened near Austerlitz Train station in 2015. Has vegan bobun and other vegan options on request. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm. Closed Sat evening and Sun.

Categories: Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by IkoOo

Good location - Edit

We were really happy to find this little restaurant with vegan options upon arriving at gare St Lazare. It's a two minute walk from there.
It's closed on Saturday nights and Sundays.
The staff was very friendly, I was just a bit disappointed that they were out of the veggie stew that day.
The vegan bobun was very good though!

Great! Will go again! - Edit

I went to this place with an omni friend. I couldn't find the vegan menu at first so I ask the staff which was really nice and helpful. It looks like they're used to welcoming vegans. I noticed only later they have a specific blackboard where they list vegan options.

I ordered the papaya and "shitake jerky" starter and then the vegan bo bun. It was really good and filling (I am a very big eater). There were two other options I think but I can't exactly remember.

Please note that the previous comment is probably is a outdated. I paid 15.5€ for my meal and the bo bun alone is at 11€. But it was definitely worth it in my opinion.

It also looks like a small place so you might want to take a reservation if you want to be sure to eat there.

Pros: specific menu with vegan options, filling, tasty

Fantastic vegan bo bun! - Edit

This Vietnamese restaurant offers specifically a vegan bo bun and some vegan desserts. The bo bun is accompanied with vegan skewers and is really tasty. The portion size is fair and the price very low in comparison to food quality (8,5 euros for the dish). As a dessert, you can have a banana che (tapioca, coconut milk, peanut and banana) which is vegan. The owner is friendly and the location is convenient when you need to take a train at Austerlitz. I recommend this place to eat great Vietnamese food!

Pros: vegan options, excellent bo bun, friendly staff, central, good value for money

Cons: small if crowded

Bo Buuuunnnn ! - Edit

Pause Bobun a ouvert ses portes très recemment, mais il est déjà prêt à accueillir les veganes de passage à Paris !
Situé à deux pas de la gare d’Austerlitz, ce petit restaurant familial propose entre autres spécialités vietnamiennes traditionnelles, un bobun végane, frais et copieux, une cassolette végétale de légumes mijotés au tofu servis avec du riz, et une salade de papaye au champignons façon « beek jerky ».
Je n’ai goûté que le BoBun qui est servi avec une sorte de tempura de tofu à la place des nems, et un dessert à la banane.

Pause Bobun has opened a few weeks ago, but it already has some vegan options for those lost in the area.
Austerlitz train station very close, so you can order a vegan bobul to take away before you hop on your train !
The restaurant also suggests a vegetable cassolette with fried tofu, and a papaya salad served with “beef jerky” styled mushrooms.
Among the sweets, I have only tried the hot banana/coconut milk and jelly cream.

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pause Bobun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.