Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Padmanadi

780-428-8899

10740-101 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5H 2S3

Vegetarian turned vegan restaurant offering Asian food menu with dishes like veggie beef satay, fried vermicelli dishes, and others. Offer a weekend vegan brunch as well as monthly all-you-can-eat buffet - see website calendar. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-2:00pm, Tue-Sun 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Indian, Thai, Buffet, Take-out, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by marben

Leafman

Contributions +34

13 Aug 2018

Celiac vegan choices limited...but good food. - Edit

As a celiac vegan, choices are limited due to the fact they cook in oil with breaded selections. We were limited to two items of what looked to be a very large and tasty menu. It was disappointing. The food we had was excellent, though. However, with such a limited menu, it’s not the right restaurant for us. We were there on a Friday and it was busy...reservations are a good idea.

Pros: Excellent curry., Parking is easy, Limited celiac options

Cons: Loud, Busy

Veganup

Contributions +214

28 Jul 2018

The best (and oldest) vegan restaurant in Edmonton - Edit

If you come to Edmonton and only have time to eat at one restaurant make it Padmanadi. They are the whole package and the real deal. Family owned and operated, (You might get a hug from Kasim or get to play with adorable grandbaby Jaden) this was the first vegan restaurant in Edmonton. Padmanadi has a devoted following of locals for good reason. They are also the go to for celebrities (not just vegan) visiting Edmonton. Do not miss this!

Pros: Great vegan food, You are treated like family, Did I mention great vegan food?

DawsonJames

Contributions +26

07 Jul 2018

Great food! - Edit

This is one of Edmonton’s best vegan restaurants. The food is great and the staff are always friendly. Their brunch is also delicious!

brandilina604

Contributions +26

19 Jun 2018

Delicious! - Edit

My husband and I ate here on a recent trip to Edmonton. We had the satay to start, he had their signature dish (chicken curry) and I had the ginger beef. We also had the lava cake for dessert. Our experience was fantastic from start to finish. The host was very welcoming, our sever was excellent and the food was so delicious!! Wish I had this restaurant in my city. Will definitely eat here again on my next trip to Edmonton.

jetdoc

Contributions +19

Mostly Vegetarian
13 Jun 2018

Great meal. wonderful flavors and spices.. - Edit

Great restaurant, friendly staff. The food is absolutely spectacular. Take your non-vegan friends here, they wont miss their meat, I would suggest they might not even realize everything is meatless.

Pros: All vegan.

Marie-EveCollin

Contributions +22

21 Apr 2018

Too many good things to choose from!!! - Edit

Even omnivores will live this place! Very tasty and theres a lot of choices

Pros: Only vegan but a lot in the menu to choose from, Friendly staff, Not expensive!

Cons: Drinks are s bit over priced

ChristopherInfantry

Contributions +108

25 Mar 2018

Won’t be Disappointed - Edit

This is a great spot to take new vege-heads that are looking for that meaty-like alternatives. They have good quality faux meats and are great at spicing them up appropriately.

loopyandlumpy

Contributions +74

07 Jan 2018

Eaten here for many years! - Edit

I remember when Padmanadi was just a small mom-and-pop operation on 97 St. The food was fabulous then and, if this is even possible, it’s fabulouser now!
I can’t go as often anymore due to my soy and gluten sensitivities but still make it a point to stop in every few months. I hope that they will one day find alternatives to soy and gluten, but for now, I’m happy to endure!
The food won’t disappoint. My carnist son still prefers many of Padmanadi’s dishes over the “real thing” ... especially the shrimp, and the ginger-beef. And, save room for dessert! Last week I had the chocolate mousse; it was smoother and creamier than any non-veg version I have ever tried. How the heck do they do that?!?!?

MarianaJE

Contributions +72

22 Nov 2017

Really good, but... - Edit

I have been there twice, the first time I really liked it but the condiments were too strong I don’t eat spicy and the food wasn’t spicy but had too much of one flavour. the second time I tried the platter I just think it’s too many condiments on the food and I wish they have more simple food. My fam loves it there though.

Pros: nice atmosphere

Cons: less condiments , more salads and pasta needed

bobennavajenna

Contributions +33

18 Nov 2017

SIMPLY THE BEST - Edit

BETTER THAN ALL THE REST! .. SO DELISH, EVERY TIME I TRY SOMETHING NEW I THINK IT CANT GET ANY BETTER, AND THEN IT DOES. THEIR GINGER BEEF, LEMONGRASS PUFFED TOFU & SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE.. OMG.. SO GOOD

Pros: DELICIOUS FOOD, FRIENDLY STAFF

Richard Myers

Contributions +510

09 Oct 2017

Great meal - Edit

They may not serve alcohol but that is the only downside to this great restaurant. Lots of choice on the menu and the mock meats tasted great. Server was very pleasant, good atmosphere and very clean. We shall return.

Pros: Great food , Friendly service , Very clean

Cons: Does not serve alcohol

LauraLiseCreswell

Contributions +28

04 Oct 2017

amazing!!! - Edit

Best vegan place Ive ever had!

Shroomhunter

Contributions +13

11 Sep 2017

Misleading "gluten free menu" - Edit

Very disappointed with this place.... they claim to have gluten free options and even have a gluten free menu. When I asked if they used the same fryer with gluten items, they said yes, so why would you put these items on a gluten free menu? Also, I asked if I could have the tofu steamed or sautéed in a seperate pan. The waitress replied "we use the same oil for everything, so it would be contaminated." I asked if they could use clean oil and she said no. Doesn't make any sense at all. I won't be back again. Don't go here if you are allergic to gluten!!!!

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Misleading gluten free menu , Unwilling to accommodate food allergy, Don't understand gluten allergy

Vegadian

Contributions +22

03 Aug 2017

Always Impressed - Edit

Fantastic place to enjoy a good, hearty meal! Portion sizes are great, nice environment..cant wait to go again!

liak

Contributions +94

05 Jul 2017

Great lunch! - Edit

The owner was so friendly! Great lunch options. The vegan ginger beef was awesome.

Vegan_Vixen

Contributions +28

14 Jan 2017

My Favourite Restaurant! - Edit

Padmanadi is my favourite restaurant! Almost every item on the menu I love! The food is very delicious and the serving sizes are great. The presentation of the food is beautiful. The atmosphere is beautiful and cozy and the staff are amazing people! The staff quickly became our friends and going here feels like going to a friends' home for dinner!
My favourite dish is the Bakmi Goreng, which is Indonesia-style noodles with an assortment of shredded vegetables. I also order the crispy chick'n strips and drumsticks often.

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful decor, Awesome staff

Xelda

Contributions +20

29 Dec 2016

Easily the best restaurant in Edmonton - Edit

Padmanadi's is easily the best restaurant, let alone vegan restaurant, in Edmonton. They are 100% vegan, although you wouldn't know it sometimes because their mock meats seem pretty real and so good! The fried chicken strips appetizers are a must try. Also the roti is amazing. And the curry chicken and sweet and sour pork...the list never ends. And the portion sizes are great for the value. I've taken a number of non-veg friends here and they loved it. Plus the service is always amazing, and the owner is one of the friendliest nicest people you will ever meet and clearly cares a lot about the vegan movement!

Pros: AMAZING FOOD AND PORTION SIZES, GREAT STAFF AND SERVICE, LOVELY ATMOSPHERE

Cons: They only have one location. We need more.

MandyMcM

Contributions +13

20 Dec 2016

Love this place! - Edit

I tried their samples at Taste of Edmonton this past summer and loved it! I'm finally back in Edmonton and had to check it out as soon as I could. The food was fabulous and service was top notch! I even brought a non-veg friend with me who was super impressed. I can't wait to go back and am attempting to go as much as possible while I'm home :)

jason789

Contributions +24

29 Nov 2016

Friendly and delicious - Edit

As other reviewers state, this is one of the best vegan places in Edmonton: all vegan, delicious food, and friendly staff. The only drawback is that they only offer one buffet a month! (Generally offered on one Friday a month, but three in December). The AYCE buffet is to die for, and very reasonably priced. It can get busy, especially if you show up after 5pm, and it's been getting exceptionally busier in later months (now that they offer take out). You'll be in line for a long, long time. But if you want an incredible vegan buffet, this is the place.

Pros: Food, Staff, Buffet

Cons: Busy

LolaMeow

Contributions +268

08 Aug 2016

Amazing food! - Edit

This restaurant is so great! The food was delicious, tasted fresh and came out fairly quickly. Portions are large. The atmosphere is very friendly and aesthetically pleasing and calming. I will be back again and again.

Pros: Great taste, All vegan, Friendly

o0Carolyn0o

Contributions +673

12 Jul 2016

On Point! - Edit

Really delicious and wonderfully seasoned dishes. We went here on our last night in Edmonton before catching the train to continue our cross-Canada journey. I wasn't expecting it to be so huge, but it has a lot of seating and what looked like a room for private parties. It seems like everyone drives in Edmonton, so it was odd to walk there and only see people struggling with life on the streets(pretty much the story of downtown Edmonton), only to walk in to a full, somewhat fancy restaurant, but I digress.

We ordered the satay chickn strips to share, and then the curry chickn and tom yum mutton. The mutton was so unique and good, especially with the fresh lemon slices in the sauce to give it a nice tangy flavour. It was too much for us to finish, but we were able to get it wrapped up, which we enjoyed on the train later that night. If you live in Edmonton, they also deliver according to their website. The woman serving us was also very attentive and friendly.

Pros: So much choice!, Unique faux meats and sauces

Madimassacre

Contributions +164

06 Jul 2016

❤️ - Edit

Padmanadi is my favourite restaurant in the world. Thank you Kasim and family for sharing your amazing food with us, I hope to one day visit the original location in Indonesia.

I recommend everything on their menu, but my favourites are the curry chick'n, mushroom chick'n, bakmi goreng, and the chick'n strips as an appetizer.

❤️❤️❤️

fondducoeur

Contributions +798

07 Jun 2016

All Vegan and Delicous - Edit

I went to Padmanadi twice while in Edmonton for work and will definitely go back every time I am in town. Their menu is huge and it all looks tasty. For dinner I had the chicken curry with rice, which the menu claimed was their signature dish. The faux chicken was great, as were the potatoes. I think next time I would pay extra to have additional vegetables, but it was still very good as-is. The yellow curry sauce was so good, and upon request they brought over a container of sambal to add some heat. The next day for lunch I tried the ginger beef lunch meal, which came with the soup of the day (mushroom), two spring rolls, tea, and rice. I was not as blown away with the ginger beef, but it was still pretty tasty, and the lunch meal was a great deal for the price. I also had their cheesecake of the day, which was mixed berry and very good. The interior is bright and cheerful and the service is great (and very fast). I will be sure to go back anytime in Edmonton.

Pros: Large, all vegan menu, Great variety , Delicious Food

Vegan Jeremy

Contributions +55

17 Apr 2016

5/5 - Edit

Everything I've ever had here is phenomenal. I try and go everytime I'm in Edmonton

Buddha Bill

Contributions +17

05 Feb 2016

hands down the best! - Edit

this is my fav restaurant not only because of the food but because Kasim and his family (actual family and staff family) are amazing. if you want a special dining experience for your stomach and your soul this is the place to go.

Pros: Staff AKA family, food, enviroment

Cons: cant go enough!, cant eat enough!, cant get enough hugs!

Nponcsak

Contributions +37

20 Aug 2015

Everything. Is. Vegan. - Edit

Service was excellent and friendly, beautiful restaurant, food was AMAZING and everything on the menu is vegan. They also have alternatives to soy for anyone who is avoiding it. Portion sizes are hearty, priced extremely reasonably and there is gluten free menu available upon request. Worth the trip, we wish we went sooner!

SusanB

Contributions +48

05 Apr 2015

Best food ever - Edit

We took two non vegans with us and they loved the meal. Recommended dishes are the chicken satay with lemon peanut sauce. Also the spring rolls were. wonderful. Crispy and fresh. The salty chicken strips are to die for. For main courses we had sweet and sour chicken, ginger beef and the chicken curry. All the side dishes were wonderful and tasty and fresh. Big portions.

Pros: All vegan menu. Great ambiance. Very friendly. Goo

Cons: None - just wish they would open a restaurant in C

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Padmanadi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.