Otsal - 옷살

02-8826527

by Seoul National University station, Seoul, South Korea

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant with a separate vegetarian menu where most dishes can be veganized. Has vegan samosa. Walk up 150m from Exit 3 of Seoul National University station, at 관악구 관악로 164 대우디오슈 봉천동 856-5. 육류를 취급하나 비건 옵션이 있습니다. 인도 식당이며 베지테리언(유란채식) 메뉴가 따로 준비되어 있으며, 이 메뉴는 대부분의 비건음식으로 제공이 가능합니다. 비건 사모사도 준비되어 있습니다. 주소는 관악구 관악로 164 대우디오슈 봉천동 856-5입니다. 영업시간은 월~일 11:00~22:00입니다. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by natalik

Nice Indian curry place - Edit

Popular among SNU students. Ask for a vegetarian menu and also ask for dishes that don't contain any dairy products.
Naan is super delicious. Plain and garlic naan are vegan. Garlic naan does not contain butter!

Pros: Authentic Indian curry in a country dominated by J

Cons: A bit expensive. I wouldn't go there on a dail

Vegetarian haven next to SNU - Edit

Otsal was a much needed discovery in an area packed with meat-centered restaurants we would never consider visiting. The place gives you a fully Indian experience, and has a special vegetarian menu, just as advertised here. As a vegan I was burnt a little, because I ordered some dishes that contained cheese without knowing and ended up passing them to my vegetarian companion. I encourage you to learn from my silly spontaneity and make sure you verify your choice doesn't contain any cream, milk or cheese. Most dishes, saffron rice and the garlic bread we ordered were very tasty, The tomato soup wasn't, though. In the end of the meal we were given two cups of chai masala (with milk...) on the house.
My partner found the dishes way too spicy for his taste, so if that's an issue for you, make sure you let them know when ordering.
And one last tip: The vegetarian menu doesn't let you know what each dish contains, so make sure you google it first. I posted a picture of the menu in the images section so you could do some homework before your arrival :)

Pros: Lots of vegetarian dishes, friendly staff, affordable, has take out service

Cons: The vegetarian menu isn't vegan, The veg menu doesn't specify contents of dishes, spicy dishes -- beware!

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Otsal - 옷살 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.