Opus Essen and Trinken

Contact +49-7115502300

Berliner Strasse 2, Esslingen, Germany, 73728

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza/pasta restaurant also serves soups and salads. Has clearly marked vegan food, including desserts. Open Mon-Sat 8:30am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Zoudofsky

You like great food? Don't go there! - Edit

Hi there! We wanted to have a great lunch a Sunday evening. This restaurant was the only open.

We arrived in this beautiful restaurant, with some lounge music and great lights.

We went up, and found a table with a great view. In the restaurant, around 10 people in total were present. Plus three waiters.

We've been waiting around 15 minuts to get the menus. They aren't translated in English. Only German.
Another 15 minuts to get the drinks in glasses a little dirty.

Then we waited around 35 minuts to get our dishes.

One of my friends had pasta with mushrooms and pine nuts ; she normally don't eat really salty but this time she had to put a lot of Salt just to have some taste. The dish was really bland!

My other friend had pasta and meat cooked in the oven ; these were great.

I had a vegan pizza with v-meat. First it was great, but then I really tasted : too salty, too dry, and not that great.

We wanted to get some more drinks because my fish was so dry. We've been watching for the waiter during some minuts. Because I didn't see him I went searching him. I couldn't find anyone upstairs. So I went down and the other waiter told me that he didn't serve upstairs and that I had to wait my waiter. Unbelievable !

I want to say once again that we were around 10 people in the restaurant... So it wasn't crowded at all! I was 10% full I think.
We had a couple behind us. We heard they said they had ordered a 4 plates dish and they only had 2, while beeing there for more than 2h30... When we arrived they had (already) empty plates on the table ; they've been taken off 30 minuts after we arrived! The waiter was apologizing, arguing that the other waiter hadn't arrived yet.

This restaurant had a great view, a great deco but the food was so bad that we actually really wanted to leave before finishing our plates and without paying.

I never found such a bad restaurant.

2 stars for the great view and a nice (but strange) waiter.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 18, 2015

Pros: view, choice, restaurant decoration

Cons: food : waiting for it & taste

Return to Esslingen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Opus Essen and Trinken closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.