Olive House

Contact 765-743-5649

200 South St, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA, 47906

Serves meat, vegan options available. Middle Eastern food restaurant with few vegetarian choices including hummus, falafels, rice dishes, and a vegan lentil soup. Moved from 105 N Chauncey Ave.

Category: Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Sprout

terrible - Edit

Happy cow should take this place off their app. I could hear the microwave in the kitchen "cooking" our food. The server did not know what was vegan on their menu. The food is terrible.

Cons: slow service, servers not knowledgeable , terrible food

Good options - Edit

Mediterranean food naturally has good vegan/vegetarian options...so Olive House is always a good choice when you want more than 1 option.

I've had the hummus, and falafel wrap with lentil soup. All of it was delicious, and as far as I can tell it was vegan. The staff is really kind, and I'm sure are willing to answer any questions regarding what is in the food. There is a whole section dedicated to vegetarian options, so it should be easy enough to figure out if there happens to be any diary/eggs in those options.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 05, 2013

Updating my review (May 2014):

I visit Olive House regularly, and love their many veg options. I get the Mazza platter very often with delicious falafel and couscous. A place I would love to take friends and family where I can get a veg options without any difficulties.

Mediocre Indian - Edit

This place claims to have the best Indian food of West Lafayette. I'm skeptical of this claim. I got a vegan okra, and though I was happy to have at least a couple o vegan options (okra, eggplant, chana masala), the okra was simply terrible. It tasted as if it were left in the fridge for a long time, and got this yucky refrigerator flavor. Terrible. The lentil soup served at the beginning of the meal was also a hybrid between an Indian dahl and an over spiced Ikea lentil soup; it really lacked character. All in all, the food was pretty bad. But hey, at least they had some vegan options...

Pros: vegan options, friendly service

Cons: bad food

Always good, plenty of veg options - Edit

Of the Middle Eastern establishments in town, I tend to favor Olive House. The staff is a bit quirky, but friendly. They have a good selection of veggie options, many of which are vegan. The food is consistently good here, and the portions are right for the price.

Pros: good veg options, good price

Return to West Lafayette Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Olive House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1531 times since Jul 2008.