Contact 01463-250589

105-107 Church St (at Riverdale Centre), Inverness, Scotland, IV1 1EY

Cafe attached to the health shop, formerly known as Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe and with the name change also removed meat from it menu (2015). Provides organic, vegetarian and vegan food. Has soup, sandwiches, toasties, cakes, daily vegan hot meal. Beverages include coffee, tea, and fresh vegetable juices. Free Wi-Fi. Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, British, Scottish

First Review by TRaeCH

Lovely place good food. - Edit

Very nice place, small but cozy and warm atmosphere. People working here are very helpful and nice. they have few good vegan options also GF options, although theirs GF breads/wraps are not vegan. But that is rather rarely available. I had been offered oat cakes instead of bread.Place great for lunch and breakfast. They are closed at 5pm.

Pros: vegan optionsorganic fair trade

Cons: not everything is vegan

Fab place in Inverness - Edit

Great little place,
Looks like it has become busier now that it mostly Vegan.
Owner is happy and chatty and all staff are friendly and cheerful.
Lovely food, good size portions and some great Vegan cakes.
We visit when we can get to Inverness.

Pros: Great food , Great cakes, Nice atmosphere

Cons: When busy there is little seating .

Oh so yummy - Edit

We ate here earlier this week and really enjoyed it. We are travelling in the UK for quite days and this was one of 3 great vegan restaurants we have eaten at. It's very small and we had to wait just a bit to get a seat but the food was really delicious. Most of us had the tofu BLT with soup and it was all so very good. Would definitely recommend this to anyone in the area.

Pros: Delicious food, Great service

Cons: Limited seating

Warm and nourishing - Edit

What a delightful experience! Lovely people and home style, nourishing vegan food. It was a momentous occasion for us to have tea with scones after abstaining from such treats since going vegan many years ago and it didn't disappoint! Some lovely vegan soups, sandwiches, wraps and cakes to choose from. Very grateful for this place.

good place to go in Inverness - Edit

We had lunch with to of our non vegan friends there, and they loved it! So many options for the vegan and everything is delicious, so simple but so tasty! We loved it so much that we went back the next day for the breakfast: you have got to try their toasted bread with tomatoes and garlic! And if you have space for some pancakes , I recommended it too

Pros: very nice staff, loved the music, soup and meal of the day changing every day

Cons: some of the cakes looked amazing but I didn't had

Nice little cafe - Edit

A nice little vegetarian cafe, good choice of vegan cakes. The day I visited they seemed a little stressed at being a little busy, so be patient.

Pros: vegan cakes

Cons: small , long wait

A great find - Edit

I was really surprised to find a listing on Happy Cow in Inverness. A lovely little cafe with homemade soup and bread. The chocolate cake was lovely (and vegan) too. You can tell everything is homemade as the staff were cooking in the background as you enjoyed your lunch. Really reasonable prices too.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Vegan cake!, Good prices

Great little place - Edit

Being the only veggie place in Inverness, I decided I had to pop in on my brief visit to the city. It's small and cosy with a simple menu. I ordered a split pea and parsnip soup with a BLT sandwich, which were both absolutely incredible. They also did quite a few vegan desserts and had soy milk for coffees. I didn't have any desserts but I assume they're all amazing from the quality of the rest of the food.

Pros: Very cheap, Amazing food, Friendly and cosy

Verry nice - Edit

It's small but I like it. They offer a few meals for a good price and some cakes.

You can rest there for a while, making plans, readinc, surfing in the internet with free wifi.

They also offer massage or energy healing in the rooms above and wednesday's at 7 pm you can sing and learn ukulele playing.

You can sit inside and outside.

Pros: Cheap, Yummi

at last proper soy latte & soy cappuccino - Edit

Great to meet Phil of Nourish, esspecially the morning after the night he won the Best Vegetarian restaurant of Scotland prize. It is great that vegans like us can eat vegan! in the North of Scotland. We have tasted a lot of coffees with soy but Nourish tasted good at last and the chocolate cake was mouthwatering. Hope I will be able to come back and try the lunchoptions! Hope he will consider to be open till 6 or 7 so vegans can eat good food in the evening too in Inverness!

healthy corner in inverness - Edit

lovely place, although it doesn't have many daily vegan choices (just 4 If I'm not mistaken). I had the vegetables rice bake and a salad which I loved so much for the freshness and the flavour (they also gave me olive oil! big plus). I recommend this place to whoever happens to be in Inverness.

vegan yummy goodness - Edit

We made our way into Inverness especially to visit this delightful now 100% veg cafe and were pleased with the friendly service, tasty freshly made vegan sandwiches and unique rhubarb/orange vegan cheesecake.

Finding the cafe was easy with google maps, although we made the mistake of looking for a sign that read 'nourish' instead of 'the riverdale centre'.

Phil the chef is apparently soon to release a vegan cookbook, which will be worth looking out for.

Note: the happy cow app showed this cafe as 'now closed' when it was in fact open

Pros: 100% veg

Cons: 'nourish' not signed from street

Vegan options in Inverness - Edit

Inverness is a lovely city, but very difficult to find cafes that serve vegans. The Riverdale Centre Cafe had a few different dishes, hot and cold, and a soup which were all vegan. Phil, the chef at the cafe, is vegan himself and creates some lovely dishes. The only recommendation I would make is that the owner extend the vegan menu and get rid of the fish options. This place could really flourish if it were a vegan exclusive cafe. I love the fact that most everything is organic as well. It would be well worth stocking some vegan sandwiches and other takeaway foods in the fridge for travelers. I was pleased to find this place.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 23, 2014

Pros: mostly organic, hot and cold vegan dish options, friendly

Cons: serves fish, more vegan options

Small and friendly - Edit

I went there for lunch. They offer one soup which I believe is usually vegan and some sandwiches/toasts. For vegans they can make one with hummus but that's bascially it. They also have soya milk and offer at least one vegan cake. It's very basic food but nice and the owner is very friendly.

Pros: very friendly

Small but makng a big difference - Edit

I rushed to Riverdale Centre Organic Cafe just prior to them closing on a Thursday. The small corner restaurant and health food/products store is easy to miss but once inside I was immediately taken in by its charm. The server/owner helped in that respect as well.

I ordered off the menu which, I'm told, changes daily. Worth mentioning is the fact that it is almost 100% vegetarian. The vegetarian borscht was prepared for me as I perused the products for sale and 100% home-baked desserts on display. The soup was rather good; quite hearty. The bread served along with it was excellent. Because I didn't want to leave (or have them close) without trying more of their almost entirely organic offerings I asked for a slice of apple & almond cake - very tasty - alongside a chocolate and peanut butter brownie which, likewise, was brilliant.

I really enjoyed eating here and talking with the owner as she got ready to close shop and rush off to the gym. Obviously, the health-first attitude starts at the top and is carried through and expressed in the food. Emphasis is placed on buying and using local, organic and fresh ingredients. Though small, there is lots of information for both tourists and locals for events, yoga classes, etc.

It was a pleasure to eat here. Hopefully, a pleasure that I can live again when I next visit beautiful Inverness. Support this cafe!

Pros: Local, fresh, organic food, Almost 100% vegetarian, Great staff/ownership

Cons: I wouldn't mind longer hours of business

Return to Inverness Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nourish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4118 times since Aug 2009.