Nico's

Contact 01463234308

8-15 Ness Bank, Inverness, Scotland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu offers several vegetarian choices and a few vegan ones for each course. Vegans are requested to call ahead so kitchen may prepare. Cozy atmosphere with a country feel, low ceilings and wooden beams. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by radiocaz

not quite for vegans - Edit

We were helped very good by the staff, but besides the great soup of lentill with tomato, the main vegan menu specially made for us existing of a grilled eggplant with polenta, nuts and raisins with a small green salad was not very tastfull, the eggplant disappeared, it almost looked like it's vegflesh was removed, I could not find a piece to consume. The beer and wine were good. The rest is mostly meat, bird and fish.

Pros: friendly staff, helpfull staff

Cons: would not recommend this to a vegan

Delicious food, great vegetarian options - Edit

I was here for dinner while I was in Inverness for two nights, I have a lovely three course meal of baked Brie, ravioli And an apple and fig tart for desert, all vegetarian, there were also some delicious sounding vegan options on the menu.

Pros: vegan friendly, lovely atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: not that many vegan options , pricey if you're on a budget

Amazing when they try... which isnt often - Edit

I came here in a group of 10 local vegans. They made a special menu for us with three choices of each Starter. Main and Dessert. I was so impressed and telling everyone how great it was on trip advisor etc.

I have since been back three times with my partner and each time gave them notice that a vegan was coming. Each time I have been given the one choice of the Morrocon Tagine (cous cous) that is vegan and always on their normal menu.

This was delicious the first time, bit disappointing the second time, then downright bland and a waste time of time the third time when it seemed to lack half the ingredients that (I knew!) Were supposed to be in it.

Unfortunately I will not be back unless a big group of us go again. They don't even have soya milk for a after dinner coffee.

Pros: one vegan item always on menu, nice venue and location

Cons: said vegan item not always up to scratch, no soya milk

Return to Inverness Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nico's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.