New York Deli

+44-2920388388

20 High St Arcade, Cardiff, Wales, CF10 1BB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast food American style. Labels what's vegan. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-4:30pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by konlish

Bagel burger - Edit

I have been here a few times and had the beetroot bagel burger which is amazing. They have vegan cheese, and a few other vegan options too. Big portions which always goes down well in my book.

Has Vegan Options - Edit

After hearing much about this place and the weather being a bit drizzling we opted to check this place out. It is situated in High Street Arcade. They have a menu right outside which labels 5 options suitable for vegans. There is a huge bench right outside that could seat about 10 people. Inside there is space for about 15 people on the lower floor and 10 on the top floor.

The staff were friendly and assured me that they handel the vegan food with care making sure they wash their hands well and keep the vegan food separate. We opted to order the Vegan Grinder and a carrot cake.  The grinder was huge and enough to fill the both of us. It is quite affordable though I would not say that it is anything to rave about. The carrot cake was not very sweet it was the icing that I enjoyed. I however credit them for offering vegan options and will consider trying the other items on the menu.

The place is very meaty, guests' sandwiches that are almost filled with a whole pig, cow, eggs etc.

They make use of alot of packaging, plastic straws, cutlery, foil, paper plates which I find is not environmentally friendly. Even when sitting in you're served with disposable ware. So next time I'll have my containers handy to be served in.

Pros: Vegan options, Big portions

Cons: Serve meat, eggs and dairy, Use alot of packaging

Return to Cardiff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has New York Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.