Nebos

+38044-2707075

3/4 Malaya Zhitomirskaya, Kiev, Ukraine,

A 95% vegan/100% raw food cuisine restaurant serving salads, desserts, sandwiches, dehydrated raw food products based on dried and fresh fruits and soaked and sprouted nuts and seeds. The only non-vegan item is honey. Beverages include smoothies, juices, spring water, organic coffee, and tea ceremony. Its interior consists of two dining rooms: one suitable for business and meetings, the other designed to escape from fuss into a world of peace and calm. Ionized air. Previously at Bessarabska Square, TC Metrograd. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, All Raw

First Review by Yaroslaw

FRIENDLY STAFF - Edit

I went four times during my week in Kiev.

Small vegan restaurant just off the Maidan. Two pleasant rooms.

Very friendly waitresses, who spoke adequate English. Printed menu in good English. Extensive menu, food nicely served and presented, tasted good.

Three course meal with soft drink and tip UAH 300 - 400 (£10 - 13).

Good Raw Food Restaurant - Edit

The place has an excellent location, beautiful and relaxing music and a good variety of raw food. I have tried a ginger tea which was pretty tasty, hummus with vegetables, crepes with cashew cheese, raisins with honey. Vegetables were juicy and fresh, but the hummus was tasteless. Crepes were fantastic, but I didn't like that they put too much honey in there. The only one fact that I didn't really like it's an ignorant waitress.

Pros: Location, Interior, Good Variety

Cons: They use honey, Waitress was very cold and unfriendly, Some dishes taste bland

Ginger Tea - Edit

The Ginger is one of the best I've ever try!

Not vegan - Edit

The food was alright. I enjoyed the spicy burrito, the cheese platter and the banana napoleon cake but I didn't find the sushi, the carrot coconut cake and the sandwich taste good at all. Didn't have much flavor. They have lots of options and lots of raw vegan options, but I was quite disappointed when I found out that most of my meals contained some honey. There are actually very few honey-free options which is very disappointing for a restaurant that claims to be (mostly) vegan.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-12

Pros: Friendly staff, Good portion sizes

Cons: Not vegan

Disappointed - Edit

What I heard of this place it was supposed to have a lot of vegan options. But actually 90% of the menu contained honey. When I asked the staff why they marked their restaurant as vegan (they have vegan signs on the door and all of the staff wore work clothes that said "raw - vegan") they responded with that they heard that americans and others don't see honey as vegan (???). Beside this the vegan burrito I ate was NOT good. There are sooo much better raw food out there.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Not vegan as they claim, Tasteless raw food

Exceptionally Good - Edit

Nebos is the only all-vegan restaurant that I know of in Kiev. It is exceptionally good. I had a burrito and the cashew cheese sampler plate, and I would recommend both.

Creative raw menu - Edit

Really good raw vegan restaurant with an interesting menu. A lot of thought has clearly gone into the menu and the food served is of really good quality.

Some have referred to it as being a bit more expensive than other places in Kiev but it's still very, very reasonable. £5 for 3 courses.

Pros: Value, Extensive menu, Creativity

Cons: Disorganised waiting staff

very nice - Edit

Perfect for raw vegans lots of interesting options and reasonable prices )) recommend to visit ))

why no ukrainian? - Edit

I visited this restaurant with my husband during our visit to Kyiv. We've been to a lot of vegan/raw restaurants all over the world and this one is at the top of our list. Great extensive menu with lots of different options. We enjoyed our burritos and desserts very much. they also serve sugarcane juice, which I have yet to try.
The only problem that we encountered was the lack of a Ukrainian menu. Why no ukrainian menu? Since my husband speaks only Ukrainian and English, he had to use their English menu. When asking the waitstaff why they don't offer a Ukrainian menu in their restaurant, he was told that she doesn't know...Although, the waitstaff was very polite and courteous. Also, it has a nice relaxing atmosphere.

Pros: excellent raw vegan menu

Cons: no ukrainian

Best place in Kievto eat - Edit

This is the best place to eat not only for rawvegans but also for people with other eat habits. It's organic, healthy and very tasty.Simply amazing 55.

Delicious, original meals - Edit

I ate at Nebos while visiting Kyiv this august. As it was my first time being in Kyiv as a vegan, I decided to search for veg places to eat.
Nebos is located not far from Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square).
While the restaurant seems 100% vegan, it is not. Most dessert and some sauces, pizzas contain homey. Don't hesitate to ask the waiters.
The waiter was helpful and polite.
I ate an open cashew cheese pie. It was small and delicious. For dessert I ate nalystnyky (crepes) with sweet poppy seed paste. If you don't prefer too sweet things, I don't suggest it to you. But as a poppy seed paste lover, I enjoyed the crepes. My mom ate "a la shuba" salad. It was small bu she said it was filling. I couldn't eat it and many other stuff in menu as it contained sunflower seed mayonnaise (I am allergic to it). We also ordered burritos which also had sunflower seeds. And to our surprise the burritos were huge! Wè took them with us.
Nebos is cosy, and unique. It is a bit expensive but delicious.
I expected them to have menu in several languages, I am sure they have it in English. But I didn't see a menu in Ukrainian.

Pros: original dishes, good service

Cons: a bit expensive, no Ukrainian menu

Fresh, healthy-ish, reasonably-priced - Edit

I had a couple really nice items, including a borscht-like beetroot soup... the dollop of cashew-cream in it made it amazing!

Definitely seemed healthy and fresh. The place has a fancy casual edge -- people eating nice meals, but also a couple young people with laptops while they ate or drank coffee. My server was super-nice. Best of all, the prices were quite reasonable for a slightly nicer place in Kyiv, and it's terrific to have a veggie option like this. Highly recommended.

Pros: Fresh/ healthy, Nice vibe -- relaxed but nice, Reasonable prices

Cons: A few more menu options is always good!

amazing - Edit

Went there when I was visiting Kiev and it was quite a pleasant surprise to see a place like that!

Beware they are not fully vegan: some of their food contains honey, but their menus fully include the ingredients of each food in English and other languages.

Definitely try the cashew cheese.

Pros: friendly staff, good variety,

Cons: some foods contain honey

Love it! - Edit

I'm in love with this restaurant. The food is very delicious and you won't go hungry home.

I would totally recommend this restaurant to all who visit Kiev.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 14, 2015

Pros: Cheap, Delicious & excellent food, Centrum

Cons: Long waiting time, Open from 11am

Amazingly Awesome - Edit

I've been in Ukraine on assignment for the past week.
My Ukrainian friend back in the US warned me that while her home country is beautiful, I will likely starve to death.
This seemed to be the case, as I've survived on a hotel breakfast of cucumbers, red peppers and tomatoes... along with the several dozen protein bars I brought from back home.
Enter: Nebos.
I'd seen the name on Happy Cow, but it wasn't until I was walking around Maidan Square gathering video footage on a Saturday that I serendipitously ran into Nebos.
It's a raw place that has about the most amazing cashew cheese I've ever tasted. I had a Greek salad with little hunks of the stuff on there, and man, it was great.
The burrito I had was supposed to be spicy -- you're talking to a guy who routinely cooks with fresh habaneros -- and it was anything but. It did, however, have a pumpernickel or rye wrap, which was not only a first, but tasty.
I enjoyed a tall glass of freshly-squeezed beet juice that was on the money. I've been here for 5 days, and I needed all of the vegan-power nutrition I could score, so I kinda went ape in there.
I'm looking forward to going back -- a lot -- in the coming days.
Mistake I made early in my trip: I tried calling them. It's Ukraine; the luck of the draw. The person on the phone spoke no English. The people in the restaurant, however, spoke perfectly fine enough to explain to me the dishes and take my order.
If you're in Kyiv and looking for some fresh, tasty, kickass vegan eats... Nebos is your joint.

Pros: Reasonable price for area., Delicious, fresh produce., Fairyl robust menu.

Excellent raw food: totally worth it! - Edit

I visited Nebos in their old location and then again in late 2013 in their new one and the venue has gone from strength to strength: it is a GREAT restaurant serving incredible raw vegan food (watch for honey if you want to avoid it).

You can easily overindulge as everything is solo tempting (amazing ravioli! great salads) and the bill will pile up slightly, but even if you end up paying £20 per person, it is totally worth.

I personally would do well without the video screens, but it is a tiny minor: the overwhelming sensation is that this is a great restaurant which you would want around the corner no matter where you live.

Pros: Fantastic variety, Incredible raw food, Lovely staff, central location

Excellent !! - Edit

Très bon, très frais, goûts subtiles et équilibrés, les jus de fruits et légumes sont excellents. Aussi, la carte est magnifique et présente un grand choix. Restaurent en plein coeur de Kiev.
Very good, very cheap, tastes subtle and balanced, fruit juices and vegetables are excellent. Also, the card is beautiful and this a great choice. Restore in the heart of Kiev.

A GEM! - Edit

When I first came to Kiev five years ago, the closest raw vegan restaurant was in Poland. Now, right in Maidan! Central, easy to find, and delicious. Staff is friendly (and some English), English menu and beautiful atmosphere. Food was outstanding ~ "Greek" Salad was amazing, and avocado salad had unique tasty flavor. Sandwiches, soups and desserts were all delicious. (I would not recommend the coffee, but the CoffeeTut on Artema has soy milk and will make you a cruelty-free latte)

Pros: RAW!, delicious, friendly staff

Return to Kiev Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nebos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.