First Review by Jennifunk

Best Store Around - Edit

Out of the stores in the area, this is by far the best one (unless you're willing to make the trek to a Whole Foods). I go there whenever I need something they don't sell in my regular grocery store. There are a couple of things they haven't had (like seitan), but generally they have a wide selection of vegan staples, meat/dairy/egg substitutes, and cruelty-free personal care products. If I had a bit more money I would shop there more regularly.

The people who work there are friendly, but the negative thing about this store is that it is mostly teenagers who work there and they don't know much about dietary restrictions nor what is sold in the store. Every time I ask a question, they always have to check with the manager, and sometimes there isn't even a manager there. That can be really frustrating.

The other two things I don't like are first, they don't sell much produce. They have a very small produce section, which is all good and organic, but I wish they sold more because I don't know where else to buy organic produce. (If anyone else does, please let me know!) Also, it's very disorganized, so if you're vegan, vegetarian, or have an allergy, you have to check the ingredients on everything. They don't have special ingredient sections; rather, everything is organized by "type" of food and by brand. I always wish they would have a vegan section so I didn't have to do so much exploring and label-reading.

Pros: great selection, good location (for me?), friendly staff

Cons: staff not knowledgeable, not organized well for ingredients, poor produce selection

Fantastic Selection - Edit

This store has a great selection of everything we need. There is a wide variety of vegan, vegetarian, and non-vegetarian food. The staff is helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. This store has a tremendous variety of gluten free foods to choose from. My only complaint with the store is that in the wintertime, it is freezing, and in the summer, it is boiling. Their employees wear coats and gloves to keep from freezing to death in the store. The employees seem somewhat overworked, though they appear happy to be there, and are always eager to serve.

Pros: clean store, wide variety, outstanding staff

Cons: temperature control, high prices, too many signs

always out of everything - Edit

Everytime I go here they are out of vegan staples such as butter, cream cheese, cheese. It doesn't matter what day of the week it is shelves are almost always empty. I know several people who worked here and said that all of the loose bins have maggots such as tvp, and the loose grains and nuts. My mom went last week to get vegan cheese and they said to try back in two weeks.

Pros: good selection when stuff is actually in, owner is knowledgable

Cons: rest of staff very unknowledgable, always out of stuff

Return to Pompton Plains Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nature's Pavilion closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1373 times since Aug 2007.