Nasch

Contact 04035581185

Caffamacherreihe 49, Hamburg, Germany, 20355

Little vegan cafe in Hamburg's artist quarter Gängeviertel since Mar 2015. Offers quiche, cakes, panini, a daily changing lunch dish. The only non-vegan item is dairy milk for coffee. Open Tue-Fri 9:30am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Mediterranean

First Review by AudreyB

Lovely - Edit

Nasch is a cozy café with a homely boho atmosphere. The prices here are really really fair for what you get. Had a chat over coffee, tea, cake and a panini which came to roughly 9€. I love having the peace of mind knowing that everything's vegan and I don't have worry about the food.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Only white sugar instead of raw

Really Good - Edit

It was easy to find (right at the Gansemarkt U-Bahn Exit - you can see the little black and white sign with their illustrated logo on it as you climb out of the U-Bahn staircase at the Caffamacherreihe exit). It is one of those apartment flats turned café with a bit of artistic and socio-political flair; nothing fancy, just down to earth and comfortable. The women behind the counter were so friendly and patient despite them being very busy. They brought the food to the tables and checked on the customers to make sure that they were comfortable. They asked me if I had enjoyed the food and said that it pleased them when I replied "Yes". I had hummus freshly made and topped with sesame seeds, a nice spoonful of olive oil and accompanied by a warm toasted flatbread. When I ordered I thought it would be a snack sized portion due to the low price; however, it was enough to be eaten as a small lunch on its own. I then ordered Vorek (vegan Borek) and it was delicious! Everything was homemade. The hummus and Vorek together cost under 8 EUR - a cheap meal for Hamburg. Though, room was limited for the amount of (their very wide and diverse base of) clientele, it didn't seem to be much of a problem due the normality in European culture of sharing tables with strangers. It was a very nice experience and I hope to visit them again next time I'm in Hamburg.

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Homade, all vegan, Inexpensive, Good portion size, Comfy atmosphere, Good service, Friendly staff, Convenient locati

cute café - Edit

we went to Nasch for some cake and warm drinks after a busy afternoon visiting Hamburg. The chocolate mousse cake was to die for and the peanut butter cookie was really nice too. I wish we could have stayed for dinner because the quiche and vörek that the guests next to us had looked delicious.

Pros: big selection of dishes, cozy atmosphere

Cons: none

Delicious lunch in cozy atmosphere - Edit

We were really hungry so we ordered two quiches with salad, a wrap and a vörek. The quiche was the winner of the day, with the wrap in a close second and the vörek coming in third taste wise. But all delicious.
The cafe is cozy and has a great artistic vibe. Love the artwork.

home is where your heart eats - Edit

I went here quite randomly on my first day in town and instantly fell in love with the plants, sofas and general overwhelming coziness of this place. My work is pretty close by so I come for lunch every now and then and have never been disappointed with food nor service.
The daily changing main dish is always delicious and cooked with lots of love. So is the quiche.
Apart from that the side salad is tasty and creative, the cookies are delish and I can just recommend getting an oat chai as well.

P.S. If you're in for some overwhelming art, make sure to visit the bathroom.

Pros: everything

Cons: gets crowded at lunchtime

Tasty food in a snug place - Edit

I bumped into Nasch during my quick stop-over in Hamburg and it made me feel that this city is a real paradise for vegans :) It's a lovely arty place, really central and with extremely friendly staff. I expected to only find sweet snacks and cakes but was happy to also find some savoury dishes too. So I had a quiche with a funky salad - very filling and delicious :) The girl who was working there was very welcoming and didn't mind giving me directions and advice on transportation. Too bad I had to rush without tasting the wonderful desserts but... next time!

Pros: Delicious food, good value, wonderful staff

cosy and delicious - Edit

I had a delicious wrap with tofu, avocado, salad and an extremely tasty peanut sauce + side salad. Very much recommended. Will definitely go back soon.

Nasch is also pretty central. You can walk from the high street or just go to "Gaensemarkt" station and walk from there.

Pros: all food is vegan by now, stylish pictures, cosy sofa, friendly staff

Cons: cow's milk in drinks-i'd prefer soy milk

best cookies in town - Edit

a small, cosy and more alternative type of café located in Hamburg's artist quarter Gängeviertel, nasch is a great vegan hangout. all the food is vegan except for apparently one type of bread they serve at weekends which contains honey (god knows why??).
I had a panini and a cranberry-almond-white chocolate cookie, both of which were absolutely great. Watch out for the cookies. They are really addictive and by far the best ones you'll find in Hamburg.

Pros: the cookies, very affordable

Cons: the bread that contains honey.

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Nasch closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.