CLOSED: Mysore Veggie

• Vegetarian

Contact 978-452-8700

1689 Middlesex St (at Hadley St, next to postal office), Lowell, Massachusetts, USA, 01851

Vegetarian Indian Restaurant specializes in South Indian cuisine. An extensive menu. Try the spring dosai that is available with or without cheese. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Indian, International

First Review by annice

Expectations were not met - Edit

We stopped in at Mysore Veggie after a movie one night. Service was pretty good as the restaurant only had one other small group in there. There were so many vegetarian options that it was hard to decide. We found that the food was quite greasy and in fact it did not settle well with me that this "healthy" restaurant had so much grease in their dishes. We had naan, side dishes and each of us an entree that we shared around the table. All in all I had been excited about a vegetarian restaurant near my house but I doubt I will return.

Pros: local to me, in expensive, service

Cons: greasy food, lighting

Love it - its consistent !!!! - Edit

Don't cook much at home so am always looking out for authentic south indian food. Found Mysore Veggie couple of months ago and just loved it. They not only have the best South Indian food, their indo-Chinese food is just beyond anything I have eaten in this part of US.
The food quality has gone up as well in last couple of months. they are under new ownership now. The new owners are very open to suggestions and constantly looking way to make food better. I know cause we have talked a couple of times and they actually listen !!!!!
Had samosa-chaat there last weekend and it was amazing.
They are making everything fresh everyday - you actually know when you eat the food.
And if you don't eat Onion/garlic - they make special sambar or any other thing for you. And in this economy the prices are very affordable.
Am addicted to it :)

Pros: Freshnes, Clean, Friendly

Only if you like spicy food - Edit

I went there with my family. The food must be authentic, as, aside from one man, we were the only non-Indians present in a fairly crowded room. The waiter was very nice, but spoke with a think accent, and it was very difficult understanding him.

We asked him for recommendations for dishes that weren't very spicy. I guess spice is in the taste of the eater, because every dish we had was too spicy for our tastes, except for an undressed cucumber and tomato salad. Everyone left most of their food over. What a waste!

Presumably, the restaurant has Chinese and international food in addition to Indian, but we couldn't find any. The fried rice I ordered was definitely seasoned in an Indian and not a Chinese way.

If you're a fan of this kind of food, you'll be happy with the place. Otherwise, stay away.

Pros: pleasant atmosphere, large portions

Cons: much too spicy for me

Return to Lowell Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mysore Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 287 times since Aug 2007.