Mud Ducks Cafe

+64-63487626

31 Taupo Quay, Whanganui, New Zealand, 4500

Serves meat, vegan options available. A cafe offering several vegan items on their menu plus some sweet and savoury cabinet food options. Soy and almond milk are available for coffee. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Catering, European, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by AndyTheVWDude

delish - Edit

Passing through wanganui on the weekend I stopped in at mud ducks to grab a coffee. Although I was not hungry in the slightest, I couldn't resist the vegan caramel slice in the cabinet. Delicious! I only wish I had more time in wanganui to enjoy a sit down meal and try some of the vegan options on the menu. I'll definitely be popping in next time.

A couple of nice meals eaten here.... - Edit

We went here for lunch & returned the next morning for breakfast. Mud Ducks is the only cafe we've seen in Whanganui offering labelled vegan menu options.

I didn't see any vegan options offered in the cabinet food on either visit but the menu clearly states what is vegan / vegetarian & the staff were helpful & knowledgeable on what can or can't be altered to vegan.

I had the vege Thai green curry for lunch which was very nice. A good sized portion with good flavours.

For breakfast I had the Veggie Breakfast which was also very good. The only thing I think it was missing was some toast.

Also, good coffee on both visits.

A vibrant cafe with quality food. Worth checking it out.

Pros: Some nice vegan options on both menus., A clean, popular cafe with friendly staff., Reasonable prices for good quality food.

Cons: Didn't see any vegan cabinet food options

Return to Whanganui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mud Ducks Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.