Moya

( 1 review )
415-431-5544

121 9th St, San Francisco, California, USA, 94103

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine restaurant with split menu between veg/meat dishes. Vegan choices include a veggie sampler, chickpea stew and injera bread which is gluten-free. Injera is available for purchase at the end of the day. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, 6:00pm-9:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by CarleeBusby

Great Ethiopian restaurant w/ veg options - Edit

I live a block from this Ethiopian restaurant and so I've been many MANY times, before and after transitioning to a vegan diet. First of all, this is a family-owned and operated restaurant that's been around since 2010. It is truly authentic Ethiopian!!! They make all of their meals in house, including their 100% vegan, gluten-free injera bread, which is the best injera I've ever had. I could literally just eat the injera alone -- if you go, make sure to get the injera, not the rice or you'll be missing out. It is served with every meal. You can also buy extra injera for $2 per piece if they have extra that day. I personally love the veggie sampler, which could serve 2 people, and includes misir wot (Spicy lentil stew, but not TOO SPICY), yekik alicha (yellow pea stew--my personal favorite!), ye’basha gomen (collard greens). tikil gomen (potatoes, carrots green beans and cabbage) and green salad with a side of injera to eat it all up with your hands. I like to take my non-vegan/veg friends here too, because they seem to like the chicken and beef options. Something for everyone!

Pros: delicious vegan food, friendly staff, quick

Cons: not labeled vegan on menu, not open on Sundays or 3pm-6pm weekdays

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.