Monte Kailas

• Vegetarian
Contact 5659-8383

Filosofía y Letras No. 17 (at near Unam, southern Mexico City), Mexico City, Mexico,

Comida corrida for around $60 pesos which includes salad bar, all the water you can drink, main dish, soup and dessert. The bread sold in the bakery is egg-free. Try the tofu burger.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Salad bar

First Review by barillam

Good food - Edit

I went for lunch today and I liked the food. The set meal of the day is currently 85 pesos (July 2014), and includes a soup and salad bar, plus the meal. You pay before you sit down (they will write your name on the receipt), then take your receipt to the back counter. They will give you a tray with dessert and bowls for soup and salad. Just serve yourself at the salad and soup bar. They will call out your name when your main meal is ready for you to pick up. Drink is also included, and you fill your own glass from the containers at the back counter. I found the food to be tasty and nutritious. I would recommend this restaurant if you are in the University area. There is also another veggie restaurant called Flor de Lis just around the corner. The nearest Metro station is Copilco.

Pros: Flavors, Attention to nutritional value, Salad bar

Overwhelming amount of choices - Edit

While the burger I had was very average (I'd eat it again, but it doesn't come close to a top score), the most striking thing with this place was the number of choices. Not what you're used to as a vegetarian, and especially not in Mexico.

Pros: Choices, Friendly staff

Great food - Edit

I was brought here by my wife when we visited the University and I have to say, they have the best Veggie-burgers in Mexico City (If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction.)

I love it here and recently they have added a buffet of many different traditional Mexican foods such as tamales, tacos al pastor, molletes, and more to boot.

The prices are more than reasonable, especially when you consider how close to the university it is.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value

cool university chow - Edit

Was glad to finally get here, nice place with some great character... the system is a bit different for the set meal, you deliver your ticket and get some items buffet, while your name is called out for the main dish. Also had a great Tampiqueña steak here as well. They're sensitive to vegan options and offer some creative twists on typical Mexi-veg.

Pros: variety, history, unique

Cons: location may be inconvenient

Fantastic place! - Edit

I did my first degree at the main University of Mexico, right where this restaurant is. I ate for like 3 years in a row in Monte Kailas. I was never disappointed! Food is great quality and delicious. Unfortunately, restaurant is only opened from Monday to Friday. It is definitely worth trying this food.

Pros: Very fresh food, Creative food, Inexpensive

Cons: Only available from Monday to Friday, It is not opened at night

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monte Kailas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1314 times since Oct 2007.