CLOSED: Mezza Lebanese Restaurant - Quinpool Rd

902-444-3914

6386 Quinpool Rd, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lebanese-Middle Eastern restaurant with multiple locations. Vegans could get a falafel wrap (lunch only) and a Lebanese plate with hummus, tabouleh salad, grape leaves, lentils, rice, and pita. Reported closed, Sep 2017.

Categories: Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Non-veg

First Review by QuothTheRaven

Falafels!! - Edit

Before Mezza, I wasn't even a fan of falafel. Now I'm an addict.

Hubby and I really needed a place to eat. Even though Quinpool had quite a few vegan-friendly restaurant we needed something closer to Organic Earth Market. We saw Mezza and figured that was a good choice since we knew they had vegan-friendly food after visiting the Scotia Square food court.

The waitress we had was extremely friendly, welcoming and wasn't completely knowledgeable on vegan fare but very accommodating and asked the kitchen no questions asked. Hubby got their falafal which he loves and since I'm not huge for many of those spices I just got their salad and french fries. Seriously it's worth it just for the fries, they make the best ever!

I really enjoyed my salad which consisted of romaine lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, red onion, tomato and a dressing of lemon and olive oil with some spices. It really hit the spot and as mentioned above, I love their fries.

Hubby thinks their falafals are the best he's ever had and even though I'm not big for spices, he made me take a couple bites and I think I actually want to go back and get one for myself. It's the first falafal I can say actually tasted good to me.

The only downside to Mezza is the fact that they, of course, serve meat but not just meat, lamb, lots and lots of lamb. I found myself becoming very sad every time I heard the word in the restaurant. I don't understand how someone can eat a baby...

Overall it was a great dining experience. I give huge props to our sweet waitress and the cozy decor. Even the bathrooms are awesome!

Pros: vegan options, delicious, inexpensive

Cons: Lamb and other meat served

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mezza Lebanese Restaurant - Quinpool Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.