Merwah

( 1 review )
+46-13126988

Platensgatan 1A, Linkoping, Sweden, 582 20

Serves meat, vegan options available. Lebanese food & barbeque. Offers a variety of mezze which include cold and warm vegan dishes. It's possible to get a vegan plate when you ask.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanense, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Dandido

Underwhelming, expensive food and lots of lamb dishes - Edit

I had heard great things about this place so my expectations were pretty high. They had a lot of vegan options, 11 out of the 36 mini dishes were vegan if I remember correctly. We ordered 8 out of these and I got a chance to try them all. I really liked the falafel, hummus, potatoes, red pepper sauce but the rest were a miss. The artichoke dish was DRENCHED in lemon and pretty much inedible. The baba ganoush was ok. The taboule was a disappointment. I've eaten Lebanese food before and really enjoyed it. Maybe they serve authentic Lebanese food and I just couldn't handle it.

The price of the dishes didn't help. Every dish we ordered cost between 60 and 80 SEK, which I think is way too much for what we were served.

They also have several lamb dishes which I personally find especially appalling (perhaps irrationally, I'll admit).

To end on a positive note, the best thing about the dinner was the interior and the location. We got a table by the window and a great view of Stora Torget which was very nice.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Nice location, Nice interior

Cons: Expensive, Lots of poor dishes, Lots of lamb dishes

Return to Linkoping Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Merwah closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.