CLOSED: Maoz Vegetarian

Contact 305-534-6269

1657 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33139

Fast food chain with locations worldwide. Serves falafel sandwiches with different salads and sauces for topping plus fries, soup, and has a vegan rice pudding. REPORTED CLOSED, AUG 2016. Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern

First Review by cincorobles

Rude service/bland food - Edit

When we arrived my son needed to use the restroom before we ordered and instead of being greeted with a "hello" we were told the restrooms were for customers only. After I explained we were going to order the service didn't get any friendlier.

When I got the falafel sandwich I was told I could have as much salad add I wanted but "one time only". The three staff members behind the counter looked bored and unfriendly and acted that way the whole time we were there. It was if they expected the worst from us.

My falafel sandwich was bland and just ok. I wouldn't return again.

Cons: unfriendly and aggressive, bland food

Lecker Falafel! - Edit

Das "Falafel-Sandwich" sind 4 Falafel in einem Pita-Brot. Es gibt eine große Auswahl an weiteren Toppings, die man sich dann selber in das Brot "stopfen" kann. Dazu gibt es u.a. Süßkartoffel-Fries. Alles super lecker und guter Service.

Pros: Man kann sich die Zutaten selbst zusammenstellen.

Cons: Man muss vorher gut planen, wie man seine Zutaten

perfect find, thank you Happy Cow! - Edit

Needed a quick lunch before boarding the The Holistic Holiday Vegan Cruise in Miami, this restaurant was awesome. Generous portions, reasonable price, friendly hard working staff. The basis of the menu is falafel, and it is scrumptious, the add ins and extras make it a HUGE meal, be careful! Small dining area but adequate. Wanted to try the vegan rice pudding but after having their make it a meal option, that was not possible! Ice-T was fantastic, ginger mint- yum. This, I believe, is a franchise. I wish we had one in my hometown.

Pros: quick, good vegan selection

Cons: none

Good falafel place - Edit

If you are in the mood for falafel at the South Beach this is the place to go. I recommend the bowel with falafels, since it can contain a lot of topping, making it a full lunch. All the vegan food is marked with a symbol, which makes it easy to find the vegan toppings.

Amazing. - Edit

LOVED THIS!!! The food is filling and you can add to it what you want. I had falafel with hummus, added with some extra toppings and it was perfect. They also have vegan rice pudding and fresh juices. This was a welcomed find on vacation.

Perfect - Edit

We had the falafel and hummus sandwiches on whole wheat pita! They were so delicious! We added lots of toppings from the food bar and paid a little extra for avocado. And the Belgian fries were great!

Loved This Place! - Edit

Great place for lunch, clear vegan labelling. Can highly recommend the falafel pitta with Belgium fries & a side of salad!

Pros: Friendly , Affordability , Delicious food!

Cons: Small , Limited seating

great food! - Edit

The food here was amazing. You can get a sandwich or salad with or without falafel, and then whatever toppings you want from the salad bar, including lots of roasted vegetables, veggie salads, sauces, etc. it's a grab and go type atmosphere. Almost everything was vegan! Highly recommend.

affordable delicious - Edit

Julie's review below describes the place well. We walked here after spending the morning at the beach. You can choose either a salad, or a falafel sandwich, or a salad with falafel.
We had falafel sandwiches for $6.50 each. The whole wheat pitas were very fresh. To that you can add all the toppings you want such as coleslaw, pickles, olives and my favorites the cilantro sauce and salsa. My family of four all agreed this is the best falafel they've ever had. My son loved his fresh lemonade.

Pros: fresh pita, friendly service , affordable

Cons: limited options

I am a native Miamian, but I hate South Beach - too many people, too much traffic, annoying construction, and no parking. Ugh. That being said, I was picking up a friend from the dreaded Beach and have always wanted to try Maoz, so now was the perfect time - kill 2 birds with one stone.

I love finding vegan/vegetarian places because Miami is seriously lacking them. I am SO happy I tried Maoz. I loved it. The food is fresh and delicious and budget-friendly (it made me forget the crowded Beach, the parking, and the congestion!) The staff is friendly and welcoming and everything about it is perfect. The inside is super-clean and has several tables to sit at (there are also a couple tables outside); it's not a huge space but there's enough room. You order and pay at the counter, and you quickly receive your food.

I had, of course, a falafel on a wheat pita. I don't know why their pitas are better than the ones I buy in the supermarket - but they are - it was really delicious. After you get your falafel, there's a veggie bar with many fresh toppings and different sauces (see my pics). I am a no frills kind of girl, so I just had some yummy coleslaw on mine and a little tahini sauce. It was awesome. Note that the toppings are unlimited, but only one time around - you can't go back for refills!

The falafel are the best I have ever had. They were cooked to perfection and delicious! My friend and I shared an order of the "mixed" fries. They have regular fries or sweet potato fries, or you can mix them - that's nice! Both were good.

As for the prices, A falafel sandwich is only $6.50 and is PLENTY of food. For around $3.50, you can get a "meal" which adds a drink (try the good lemonade!) and a side - there are several sides, the fries being one of them. You can also get a big falafel salad for around $8.

The owner was there and he is very attentive to his customers and to keeping the place clean. It was impressive.

Maoz also has lots of fresh juices, but I didn't have one so I can't comment on them.

If you want a suggestion, skip the pricey restaurants on Lincoln Road and give Maoz a try. You will not be disappointed (even a carnivore would love it). I am thrilled I found this place, and as much as I hate to say it, Maoz will bring me back to the dreaded Beach again and again! LOVE IT.

Oh, and if anybody cares - They play REALLY good music in Maoz!

Pros: Great falafel, Cheap prices, Super clean place

Cons: It's on Miami Beach

Good for a quick lunch - Edit

This place is pretty similar to other Maoz restaurants I've visited, however this one does NOT have free refills of the toppings. Which is of course a disappointment if you're expecting it.

Other than that, this is a great place to grab a quick plant-based bite when you're near the beach. I especially love the sweet potato fries. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean.

Pros: Cheap, I love falafel, Near the beach

Cons: No free refills

A trip to a foreign land - Edit

Just like Israel and Barcelona. The chain is true to itself. Great toppings to authentic falafel. Wonderful cauliflower and eggplant. Interesting, but not weird juices. I wish they would open a restaurant near my home.

Pros: perfect falafel in fresh wrap, tahini sauce is rich, not watered down, Great green drink

Cons: Uncomfortable seating, Busy place

Vegan Food - Edit

Maoz is always good lots of Vegan options. The best thing is that they are always in big shopping centres so when you are out and about you can get healthy food.

Pros: Vegan options, Near shops, On the go Vegan food

Great taste - Edit

We ate at a maoz in London, England quite some time ago and thought it was very good. So we knew what to expect when we ate at the Maoz in South Beach. We ate there on two occasions. The first time we had the Falafel Sandwich with fries. The second night, we had the Falafel Salad Bowel. It was all very good although the seating was very limited and the fast food atmosphere promoted eating quickly.

Pros: Great taste, Lots of add ons, Friendly staff

Cons: Not refined eating

Fast and versatile and delicious - Edit

Maoz is one of the few affordable vegetarian places I've been to Miami. It works like this; you get a pita or salad with falafel and then you can load it up with various toppings and sauces. Everything is super fresh and tasty. I especially like the roasted cauliflower and broccoli and the red cabbage slaw. Also, Maoz has really good mushroom soup. It is a small place.. I wouldn't really recommend coming here on a leisurely afternoon to hang out, but it is perfect is you want quick, healthy veg-friendly food.

P.S. there is currently a groupon for Maoz ($20 for $10)

Pros: healthy, casual, fresh

Quick and tasty - Edit

Tried out Maoz today, tasty, healthy, and quick. Stuff your whole wheat pita with your choice of delicious sides, great sweet potato fries, vegan everything, feta if your choice. I added eggplant and falafel to my pita, husband had a delicious vegan veggy soup. Really, nice to have another easy local choice. Welcome... and see you soon in Barcelona! (Happy Cow tells me there is one there, and so will we be next week)

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Maoz Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6215 times since Dec 2012.